What program can be used to texture a 3d scene for import

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

larspanky

What program can be used to texture a 3d scene for import

Post by larspanky »

what programs are used for this, I just want to import a custom 3d obj that is textured into an animation, I have tried many different ways and I still get white objects. For the sample obj, what was used for that and what was used for baking the shadows.

Ive been trying to use gile but there is little documentation and no help in getting it working

Thanks
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

gile[s] was used to bake in the shadows for the sample scene.

As far as texturing, Wings 3D can do it, Ultimate Unwrap is another option. I wish I could include Blender, but Blender seems to leave out the texture maps when exporting to OBJ.
larspanky

Post by larspanky »

Thanks,
That is the problem I am running into, I do all my modeling and texturing in blender and cant get it out to anything else, if you know of anything that will fix the blender problem Im all ears. as far as baking with gile, is there any tutorials on that, Ihave found very little documentation

Thanks

===

Ok I found out that blender exports the mapping properly. If I import the painted texture as a new material it maps perfectly in gile

Im having a hard time with the lighting now but at least its giong somehwere

Ok, regarding gile. How did you get the light map to mix with the base map to form only one texture?

Thanks
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

larspanky wrote:Ok, regarding gile. How did you get the light map to mix with the base map to form only one texture?
Unfortunately, you don't. gile[s] always creates two texture maps. Actually, to be precise, it creates one new texture map containing lighting in addition to the original color maps.

When you export from gile[s] to OBJ, you get two model files - one with regular texture maps, and one with lightmap texture maps. You'll need to import both models into Moho to get both the texture and the lighting. Here's more information on how to do it:

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=665