Table Genius WizardPen 4x3 pressure

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

x_m

Table Genius WizardPen 4x3 pressure

Post by x_m »

i have this table. It has 1024 levels of pressure sensitive, but freehand tool in moho dont make variable line width. is it not supported device?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I've never heard of this tablet, so I can't say for sure whether it works in Moho or not. What operating system are you using the tablet with? Does the pressure-sensitive feature seem to work in other programs?
x_m

Post by x_m »

I have Win XP Pro sp2
This tablet is work perfectly in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
Macromedia FreeHand MX and other...
It is from tablet manual:
"If a particular application does not seem to provide pressure sensitivity please verify also that the application has been installed and set properly, and that the application does support Wintab interface. Some applications may require you to explicitly turn on pressure sensitivity support, or it may limit the number of pressure levels supported."
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

One other thing to check: when the Freehand tool in Moho is active, click the "Freehand Options" popup box in the tool options area. Make sure that "Use pen pressure" is marked, and that the minimum and maximum line width are not set to the same thing.
x_m

Post by x_m »

nice joke!
i`m professional of computer graphics.
I have big experience of work in different applications and i am able to use interface and options. it is not problem.
but my tablet dont work in moho :(
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I'm sorry if you found that insulting - it wasn't my intention. I have no way of knowing how much experience you have, so I needed to make sure that it wasn't just a simple mistake in using Moho that was causing the problem.

I guess the "Tablet Genius" just doesn't work with Moho.
LostAndFound

Genius Tablet

Post by LostAndFound »

Dear Moho Group,

I have a Genuis Tablet and I know something about graphics too. But in my case i would like to hear all you have to say in order to find why this kind of tablet does not work properly with moho.

I will appreciate your help

PD: I am using Win XP, pressure options are set in moho and the tablet works well with Corel Painter
LostAndFound//
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you about the Tablet Genius. We don't have one here to test - it sounds like kind of a weird off-brand tablet.
JohnO

Post by JohnO »

I think there may be a little confusion about exactly which tablet is under discussion. If I am correct in my assumption then x_m and LostAndFound are referring to the Genius WizardPen 4x3 (http://www.genius-kye.com/deta_prod_in. ... ipoprod=12).

I can't say about the USA, but here in the UK Genius is quite well known for good quality peripherals and I/O devices; not a weird off-brand provider at all. :o

Despite all that, I suppose it still doesn't help if LostMarble doesn't have one for testing. :(

beoð ge gesunde

John O
Eall cræft unnytt bið þonne Engel on þinum flintloce micgeð
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

JohnO wrote:I can't say about the USA, but here in the UK Genius is quite well known for good quality peripherals and I/O devices; not a weird off-brand provider at all. :o
Sorry, I shouldn't bad-mouth the Genius Tablet since I've never even seen one. I just couldn't find one for sale in the US, and when I found what I thought was the manufacturer's website, it loads like it's being served from someone's home PC over a modem:

http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/

I did find a 6x8 Genius Tablet for sale in the UK for £33.17, but frankly, that seems almost too cheap. How can it be any good? But, like I said, I've never used one, so maybe the Genius Tablet is a fantastic deal.
LostAndFound

Genius Tablet

Post by LostAndFound »

Lost Marble,

Please do not get confuse about price. What would you say if someone tell you that there is an excellent 2d animation tool that costs only $99.99, only a fraction of traditional systems? Would you say…it is not good enough?

Please do not get me wrong. I just want to find a solution for the problem I have. But thanks for trying to answer.
LostAndFound//
Mendi

Post by Mendi »

To be just, I have to say Genius is a very known brand also in Spain. It's popular por selling low price-average quality products (well ok, it´s not Wacom nor Logitech), and I think their tablet is something to keep in mind althought it was for improving the software experience with European users. I didn't use their tablet but I did use heir mouses and keyboards (I have one Genius slim keyboard).

Anyway, I own a little Wacom that works fine with Moho :)
Greetings.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Good point, LostAndFound :lol: