Moho 5 and actions

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Mendi

Moho 5 and actions

Post by Mendi »

I still haven't switched to version 5. The main reason is I don't know exactly if Moho 5 advantages mean a real change when talking of ease of use and productivity. To switch means an effort I should do soon, and I would like to know if now is a good time.

The feature I'm more interested in is that of creating reusable actions. I would like to know a bit more about this feature through the experience of people currently using it.

Thanks in advance,
Diego
Greetings.
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

You can download a free demo of 5 to check it out.

Some advantages for how I work (and may be helpful to you):

-interface windows are now not locked to a position. This is great if you have a very large monitor or two monitors. You can also close segments you aren't using (like the timeline while drawing).
-if you find yourself animating the same thing over and over again, actions will save you a ton of time. They also allow for modifying a baked version, that is, you can apply it directly as keyframes and alter them, not affecting the action. It is non-linear animation, and it works very nicely from the few expirements I've done. I'd like to test it out more, but so far the potential is huge.
-some nifty new tangent options for the graph editor
-blending modes for layers (great for shadows)
Producing solidly ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight/
Sine

Post by Sine »

I've used MOHO since V1.0.
Reuseability is a big issue to me. Not just models but actions as well. So reusing actions in V5 is an exciting development. Unfortunately there are still some problems in referencing actions in the timeline. See my previous posts.
Sine =)
Sine

Post by Sine »

Basically v5 allows you to animate your character (a vector, group, bone, switch layer etc ) in a separate timeline to create 'actions'. Then in the main timeline, you could select the 'actions' from the action panel and 'reference' them anywhere along it.

When you 'reference' it, the corresponding action will 'express' themselves appropriately. Unfortunately, somethings don't express properly ie they behave differently in the action timeline and the main timeline.

There is a work around at the moment. Instead of referencing the 'actions' you can copy the animation to the main timeline.
Sine =)