Double-clicking problem with version 5.0.6 on Mac OS X?

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

tim worsfold

Double-clicking problem with version 5.0.6 on Mac OS X?

Post by tim worsfold »

Over the last week I've been having great fun trying out Moho - it's a great piece of software and deceptively powerful. But I think I might have a big problem with version 5.0.6 running on Mac OS 10.2.8...

It seems that anything that requires double-clicking does not work correctly. For instance, double-clicking on a layer name does not bring up the layer properties dialogue box, although this can be remedied by clicking on the (...) icon.

More importantly, I can't display the 'handles' in Graph timeline view. With an object/layer/etc. selected, clicking on the appropriate channel icon displays the graph. But double-clicking on the icon simply makes the graph appear momentarily, then it disappears about a tenth of a second later - no handles appear even though the object has motion.

Is this a known problem with 10.2.8 or am I doing something incredibly stupid?!

Thanks for your help!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hmm, that's strange. Double-clicking works fine for me here on OS X, but the Macs here are all 10.3.something - I'll have to see if I can track down a 10.2 machine.

Do you have any third-party mouse software installed?
tim worsfold

Post by tim worsfold »

No - I'm just using the standard Apple "pro" mouse.

I also tried adjusting the double-click delay in the System Preferences set-up, to no avail.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Because of Moho's cross-platform user interface library, it ignores the system setting for double-click delay. Moho's library is hard-coded to a half-second delay. Is your second click taking place within a half second of the first click?
tim worsfold

Post by tim worsfold »

Yes, the second click is fractionally after the first, and definitely within half a second. Presumably the second click must come before the channel curve (without handles) appears?

Thanks for looking into this for me.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

tim worsfold wrote:Presumably the second click must come before the channel curve (without handles) appears?
No, it's strictly based on time. The second click has to come within a half second, regardless of what you see on the screen.

I'm sorry, but I'm stumped. I don't have any more ideas about what could be preventing your double-clicks from registering with Moho. Is anyone else reading this thread having a similar problem?
tim worsfold

Post by tim worsfold »

Just to close this thread, I've just installed version 5.1 of Moho and the problem appears to have been fixed: double-clicking works correctly and I can finally edit in the timeline... brilliant stuff! Thanks for the help and for fixing it.
stephen

Post by stephen »

tim worsfold wrote:Just to close this thread, I've just installed version 5.1 of Moho and the problem appears to have been fixed: double-clicking works correctly and I can finally edit in the timeline... brilliant stuff! Thanks for the help and for fixing it.
Interesting since I am using Moho 5.1 on OSX 10.3 and last night I could hardly get double clicking to work at all for me. I could not get the layer properties to come up by double clicking on the layer, had to click on the ... button.

Stephen
Yooperville

One Possibility ...

Post by Yooperville »

Stephen,

Does that happen consistently? I ask because 5.1 (Mac version) still has the issue where you have to restart Moho every (guessing here) 40 minutes to normalize CPU usage. So, if the problem only pops up after Moho's been running for X amount of time, maybe that's your culprit. If so, here's a utility that lets you monitor CPU so you get a visual heads-up:

http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/me ... index.html

I'm still on 10.2.8, and I can't remember if Layer double-click went away when things bogged down last time, so this is just a guess -- probably a bad one -- but I'll try to remember to test this next time.

Good luck -- Greg.
stephen

Re: One Possibility ...

Post by stephen »

Yooperville wrote:Stephen,

Does that happen consistently? I ask because 5.1 (Mac version) still has the issue where you have to restart Moho every (guessing here) 40 minutes to normalize CPU usage. So, if the problem only pops up after Moho's been running for X amount of time, maybe that's your culprit. If so, here's a utility that lets you monitor CPU so you get a visual heads-up:
I usually keep Moho running constantly, so yes it may have happened progressively over time, its just that I did not have this happen before 5.1.

I posted another thread in the Bugs forum. I am having general sluggishness, frame rates are down to 1 to 2 fps, double clicking hardly works, fill in fields are very slow to modify.

It did not occur to me that I should try restarting it... but I will give it a try.

Thanks
Stephen
b15fliptop

Post by b15fliptop »

I've been having the same problem with slowdowns/sluggishness. I am now in the habit of periodically closing and reopening the program, which alleviates the problem. The 5.1 update did fix random crashes that I was experiencing, shutting it down every half hour or so is still necessary.

I'm not complaining though. It only takes a few seconds - and it's still a great program. :D
stephen

Post by stephen »

b15fliptop wrote:I've been having the same problem with slowdowns/sluggishness. I am now in the habit of periodically closing and reopening the program, which alleviates the problem. The 5.1 update did fix random crashes that I was experiencing, shutting it down every half hour or so is still necessary.

I'm not complaining though. It only takes a few seconds - and it's still a great program. :D
I shut it down and restarted it. Now it is normal again and I'm able to double click and get aprox 12 frames a second.

I agree, it is a fantastic program.

Stephen