A Deep Breath

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

interfector

A Deep Breath

Post by interfector »

Hello all.

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for causing others here so much grief. Also, I would like to point out that, while I might be inclined to proofread my posts, I don't want to waste away nitpicking. In fact, there is a word for people who know dangerously little. They are 'sophists.' That word was initially used to describe those who quibbled over words, instead of investigating the heart of an issue. While I know, indeed, how to spell the words 'chicanery' and 'superiority,' I simply cannot get over the laughable bragadoccio espoused in such rampant flurries. Thanks again. I won't be seeing any of you. And I have the most beautiful girlfriend in the world.
backwaterblues

Post by backwaterblues »

Okay... the fun must come to an end. It is I, Interfector. I am all the people who insulted me, and to be honest I was hoping the thread would be shut down before anyone got a chance to respond to me. Unmasking myself... check out the creation date on my profile. Sorry to the moderator. I just thought it was funny.
If it's good for ya' , just do it, dude
WazzaDoo

Post by WazzaDoo »

Me too. Sorry for getting the thread shut down... it was a funny experiment.
F* the "US Freedom index"
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Deleted by Kdiddy to remove fuel from the fire.
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
interfector

Post by interfector »

The dates on the two profiles are the same... yesterday's. They were all me. Get it? Maybe not so funny to you. I wasn't really trying to get the thread shut down, as I couldn't have possibly predicted that. What I was trying to do is show you that I am more of a good sport than you were previously asserting. I'll make fun of myself, intentionally misspelling words and the like and then pointing it out, to illustrate a very basic point: that nothing should be taken so seriously as you have obviously taken my first post. But the message is the same: don't tell someone they're insulting and then insult them. It's just not nice. :lol:
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

don't tell someone they're insulting and then insult them. It's just not nice
...you do make it very easy...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
interfector

Post by interfector »

How very biting.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

"it was a funny experiment"

Another grammatical error. It's not spelled "funny" but "childish"...

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com

PS Forgot the smilie...eh no I didn't.
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

Last edited by AcouSvnt on Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Keith
interfector

Post by interfector »

Seeing how I already exposed myself as the ringleader of self-criticism, I would think you could come up with a better insult than "childish," but alas. Particularly when one considers that my errors were intentional (and in fact even edited in after the original message was posted), only to be pointed out by yours truly. Yes, yes. Very childish, indeed, but nonetheless inordinately humorous to me. You know, I might actually care what you think if you were half the thinker you "think" you are. Referring to someone as childish is itself skirting the nadir of puerility. Grow a hippocampus already. You'd think nobody on this board has a divergent, iconoclastic, or in any other way semi-irreverent sense of humor, which is odd since most great humor (and humorous animation) consists primarily of going against the grain. I'm not trying to make you laugh, and frankly I didn't see you making attempts to revitalize this otherwise exhaustively clinical discussion of pros and cons, but who am I to say? Your empassioned critique does entertain me, bitter human. I am merely having fun here in my spare time, while you are clearly angry for a living. Sorry you're so sore. As in: for real. I'll say it once more: I don't mean to upset anyone. Is that good enough for you, or shall I hold your hand through this? Cry me a river. Oh yes... 'grammar' and 'spelling' aren't interchangeable, smart guy. End transmission.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

C'mon, play nice, and perhaps try discussing Moho here. You know, the reason for the forum? Even the name of this particular part of the forum? If nothing else, please take any pissing contests to the "Miscellaneous Chit-Chat" section. Really, please. Or use private messages. Anything away from where useful information or on topic discussion is supposed to be.

--Brian
interfector

Post by interfector »

Thanks, Brian... I agree. That's what I was saying quite a few messages ago. Some people just love to hold grudges, though. At least this thread is isolated from the rest.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Hello Interfector,

I never attempted to insult you, if I was you'd know for sure, don't worry about that. In the now closed topic I attempted to end the discussion with a tongue-in-cheek reply regarding both sides. But it didn't work that way unfortunately.
I have read through your previous posts and they all were valid and very friendly up until that little rant. Everyone has off days, everyone makes mistakes, no problem. But you continued in that vein and accused people of things you yourself were also participating in. You have not written a "real" post since that. I do NOT hold a grudge against you, in the topic of taking-things-not-so-seriously I am a top contender. So don't waste your time on writing assumptions and insults (I really have to force myself not to give examples here, give me credit for that) and just continue to make valid post like you did before ok?
Just for closure, creating aliases and fabricating responses is still childish in my opinion and not funny.

Brian, you are absolutely right. But I do think it started out as an honest attempt to defend anothers' opinion concerning Moho, and that should always be encouraged. I'd hate to reread every word I type before posting in fear of insulting someone.

Regards,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
interfector

Post by interfector »

Well, if you must know, dear one, I found it most entertaining. You don't think it's funny? Sorry. As I said, I wasn't attempting to make you laugh. Not in the slightest... and I don't mean that as an insult. But to say that you're not insulting me by calling something I/we do "childish" is just extreme in its utter denial of truth. Sorry you think so, but in my opinion this estimation of yours is a bit crude. So I don't have a job or a girlfriend or a website. So what? It would have been unfunny had the thread not been closed inadvertantly. I am sophisticated, for lack of a better word. Who better to make fun of? You're not doing any better a job, I promise. And hey, since you mention staying on-topic, this last message of yours has very little to do with anything aside from how I should go back to posting about animation, which is fair, but inasmuch more than a little bit hypocritical, wouldn't you agree? Again, put your Moho where your mouth is. I mean that in the friendliest of ways, you sidesplittingly funny adult you. Once again, I joke. Have I not apologized? Did I not say, all of seven aeons ago, that we should continue talking about animation? Have I not pointed out that calling someone childish is, indeed, an insult, as well as incontrovertibly childish itself? Let's just be friends, you and I, lest you find that the sickening depths of childishness to which I am compelled to sink serve in no small order to eschew your meandering rehash for something altogether more interesting, such as this 'animation' you speak of.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I thought this was about Moho, not about you.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?