My first bug list

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

wmartinez

My first bug list

Post by wmartinez »

Hello Again!
This is the few seemingly bugs I've found so far (if bugs after all) found in my first couple of hours of MOHO playing :wink: .

1- (Not a bug) Openning a new project will close your actual project before it shows the Open Dialog. That is, if you want to keep working on your actual project you must select it again.

2- If you have no project open (as when you do point 1 and cancel the Open Dialog), touching any color of the palette will crash Moho with a memory assigment error. Also, in same cirscunstances, if you change the line settings and try to touch the name edit box, the crash appears.

3- If you have an older file version (3.x) and you translate it to 4.x, Version 5 will play it well, unless you have point animation. :shock: That is, if your animation is done moving point by point of a shape, Version 5 will play it setting the animated points randomly in different positions. At least it is what I can deduct from the behaviors, since all my other animations play well, only the ones with point translation are scrambled. I will sent my file to Moho Support so you can take a look at it.

4- (Don't know if it is a bug) Setting the noise options of a layer. There are 3 checkboxes: outline noise, shape noise and Animated noise. The last one can be checked only if one of the first 2 is checked (or both). But if you check the Animation, and then uncheck the other 2, Animation will be disabled but also will remain checked. Doesn't affect output, it is just a little presentation glitch. :wink:

5- (Don't know if it is a bug either) When playing with the noise options, the moho program won't show in the windows tasks list. That is, you cannot find it with Alt-TAB, nor in the windows task bar.

6- Opening the OBJ demo file, I started to play with the layer, and when flipping it the ship :?: turned black.

7- (Another "May be a Bug"). I use the Add Point tool, and draw 4 points closed as a rounded rectangle. Then I draw 2 more points, welding with 2 of the original rectangle. I have then 2 rectangles joined by the 2 central points. I then select the "Create Shape" tool and touch one point + TAB. It will select all points (and all lines). I press SPACE and a nice outline is created, but no fill :shock: Please tell me if it is ok (I cannot/should not do that), or if it is a little bug about it. In fact, if I select only 4 points (one rectangle) the filled shape is created :roll:

Hope this list helps.

W.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Re: My first bug list

Post by Lost Marble »

Thanks for the bug reports!
wmartinez wrote: 3- If you have an older file version (3.x) and you translate it to 4.x, Version 5 will play it well, unless you have point animation. :shock: That is, if your animation is done moving point by point of a shape, Version 5 will play it setting the animated points randomly in different positions. At least it is what I can deduct from the behaviors, since all my other animations play well, only the ones with point translation are scrambled. I will sent my file to Moho Support so you can take a look at it.
I'm looking forward to seeing that file, because I've been unable to reproduce the problem myself. Hopefully your file will explain what's going wrong.
wmartinez wrote: 7- (Another "May be a Bug"). I use the Add Point tool, and draw 4 points closed as a rounded rectangle. Then I draw 2 more points, welding with 2 of the original rectangle. I have then 2 rectangles joined by the 2 central points. I then select the "Create Shape" tool and touch one point + TAB. It will select all points (and all lines). I press SPACE and a nice outline is created, but no fill :shock: Please tell me if it is ok (I cannot/should not do that), or if it is a little bug about it. In fact, if I select only 4 points (one rectangle) the filled shape is created :roll:
This is not actually a bug. The way Moho fills a shape works like this: when you create the shape, the edges you select define the border of that shape. The shape you described is ambiguous: should Moho fill the larger, outermost rectangle, should it fill just the left rectangle, or should it fill just the right rectangle?

This is a simple case - to you and I, it seems obvious that the outermost rectangle should be filled. However, you can create more complex shapes that Moho won't know how to fill unless you define a clear border. In this case, if you want the outermost rectangle filled, you need to make sure that just those outer edges are selected. This will probably mean adding an extra point to the midline, so that you can leave it de-selected when creating the fill. If you then want an outline also, you can create it just like you described.
wmartinez

Post by wmartinez »

Thanks, LM!
I see your point on complex figures.

Also, I already sent to you the files with the animation scramble.

Cheers.
wmartinez

Bug regression

Post by wmartinez »

1-Still happens, but not an issue.
2- Fixed! :D
3- Fixed! 8)
4- Still works the same, but not an issue either.
6.1- It works great with translate.
6.2- Scale works ok if you scale up (scaling down will work, but if you pass to negative scale the it turns black)
6.3- Rotate layer Z works great
6.4- Rotate layer X works great
6.5- Rotate layer Y works great
6.6- Shear X too much and object gets scrambled. Not and issue for practical porpuses.
6.7- Same for Shear Y

Cheers again