Why can't I get rendered gradient shapes?

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Enzo

Why can't I get rendered gradient shapes?

Post by Enzo »

I'm a really newbie, so I'll probably post some trivial questions... but I cant get rid of it!
I'm following the tutorial coming with 5.02 release and trying to shade the "hill" as taught in section 1.2. All seems to be right: I reach the point where I save the shaded (gradient) shape and it shows allright (shaded I mean!). But getting back to the layer it only shows the first color of the gradient (flat)!!! Of course I tried again and again starting from scratch but the result is always desolately the same (different colours and angles get to the same result).
I carefully checked all the settings of the filling palette as in the tutorial, of course.
Please, can you tell me what's wrong?
Thanks a lot.
Enzo.
myles

Post by myles »

Gradient shading only shows up in rendered images/animation, not in preview (working) mode.

Quoting fom Tutorial 1.2:
You can see the result of this fill by selecting File->Render. A window will appear, displaying the final output of the project so far. Close the window when you're done.

To see and edit the gradient again in the Style window, you need to select the layer and the object - use the Select Shape (Q) tool.

Different objects in the same layer can have different fills, with or without gradients.

Regards, Myles.