Hide Controled Bones hides Bone Dinamics too..

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Rai López

Hide Controled Bones hides Bone Dinamics too..

Post by Rai López »

Bones with Bone Dinamics activated are moved automaticaly, true... but you can too modificate'em manually and animate with keyframes like the rest of bones, cause of this I think that they don't must be hided when you activate "Hide Controled Bones" comand. If anybody disagree, is good that add a post to contrast opinions...

PD: Maybe two separate comands "Hide Controled Bones" and "Hide Dinamics Bones" pleased everybody... (maybe)
Last edited by Rai López on Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Re: Hide Controled Bones hides Bone Dinamics too..

Post by Lost Marble »

Ramón López wrote:Maybe two separate comands "Hide Controled Bones" and "Hide Dinamics Bones" pleased everybody... (maybe)
The only thing I can guarantee you about software development is that it is impossible to "please everybody". Everyone has ideas about what would make a certain program perfect, and these ideas are often the exact opposite of someone else's.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

ONE YEAR LATER...

Well, continuing with the discussion... :):

- HI! Emmm... :!: but who could be against of this little and USEFUL request?? Perhaps cribble? ;) or... :shock: maybe/even Toontoonz?? Now that seems he neither will use bones never more? Jaja (...) :roll:

:arrow: ...GEETINGS!
Last edited by Rai López on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Ramón - I still use bones. :D I like bones. :D
But there is more than one way to animate something and sometimes there is a better way than bones. And to get away from the distinctive "Moho flow" one just about has to do frame-by-frame animation anyway.
(If you check out an advanced 3D program like Maya, all of their comprehensive and complicated "bones" tools for controlling IK animation make Moho´s bone tools look like something from the stone age. But it takes a long, long time to understand how it all works in Maya (and it costs umpteen times more). That´s why my motto with Moho is: "The simpler the animation, the better." More emphasis on how the characters look and the story line, less emphasis on the animated movement.)

I am all for anything that makes Moho quicker, faster, better to use! :D
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Jaja, HELLO Toontoonz! Of course I was only jocking ;) ...you don't know how I understand you cause seems that now you and I be in the same (or very similar) line of work/investigation :) , sniff... sometimes I feel SO misunderstood or "wonley" :cry: ...Oh! :roll: How I'd WISH have a "colleague/partner" like you near here! :D
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Toontoonz wrote:(If you check out an advanced 3D program like Maya, all of their comprehensive and complicated "bones" tools for controlling IK animation make Moho´s bone tools look like something from the stone age. But it takes a long, long time to understand how it all works in Maya (and it costs umpteen times more).:D
I have to disagree, Mayas bones are not very much more complicated to animate than Mohos, you only have one more axis to use, else its the same controllers, rotate, translate, scale and a IK-controller (manipulate bone). It's more compicated to rig, agreed, but the animation is about the same (animation is all I do in Maya, I can't model a brick even if someone pointed sharp stick to my head).
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Really Maya es SO easy, it always called my attention (very much) but then I tried one time and (I don't know why) I got tired soon ...Hmmm, Maybe I'd must try it again... Jaja, I don't know yet what can I more try... :roll:

PD: ...By the way, something about "Hide Controled Bones hides Bone Dinamics too..."? :)
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Ramón López wrote:PD: ...By the way, something about "Hide Controled Bones hides Bone Dinamics too..."? :)
I don't use Bone dynamics and controlled bones all that much but your request seems to make sense.
I believe I posted a feature request a while back that was asking for a way to hide different bones, not just controlled ones, while working. It's a bit related to your request I think.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yes, I remember your request and that would be the PERFECTION :D, although something (little something) more complicated to do perhaps... Well, how I think/suppose I suported it (I think...), THANK YOU for return the favor! ;)
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

rylleman wrote:
I have to disagree, Mayas bones are not very much more complicated to animate than Mohos,...
Whew, I must doing something wrong in Maya if animation so simple to learn with it. It took me about 2 hours to figure out Moho IK bone animation and now I am wondering why it has taken me months to finally get something semi-okay looking in Maya. Guess I am doing something wrong! :D

Just to give an example of how easy it is to make animation in Maya, Alias has a book for learning animation on Maya - it´s over 700 pages long....
And then they have separate books on rendering, special effects, scripting, etc, etc. :D
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Toontoonz wrote:Whew, I must doing something wrong in Maya if animation so simple to learn with it. It took me about 2 hours to figure out Moho IK bone animation and now I am wondering why it has taken me months to finally get something semi-okay looking in Maya. Guess I am doing something wrong! :D

Just to give an example of how easy it is to make animation in Maya, Alias has a book for learning animation on Maya - it´s over 700 pages long....
And then they have separate books on rendering, special effects, scripting, etc, etc. :D
Okay, Maya got a lot of bling bling you can play with but you don't have too for outputting some decent animation. The basic animation controls are pretty much like the ones Moho got. The softwares are just tools for animation, if you know how to animate they're not that overwhelming.
If you take a look at my showreel (rylanderanimation.se >showreel), the shot with Walter and Paco (big guy turning away from little guy) I animated in the first or second week of using Maya. If you focus on the right things it's not very complicated.
(Sorry for going OT, Ramón.)
j0llyr0ger

Post by j0llyr0ger »

The basic animation controls are pretty much like the ones Moho got.
The basic ones, yes.

Moho has IK/FK and constraints, but it does not [please correct me if I'm wrong- I would like to be wrong about this :D] have what in Maya are called 'set driven keys'.

That is, telling one bone to copy some aspect of the animation of another bone- the bone is set to be driven by something else's key.

For instance if you have two shapes in Moho that represent meshing gears- with the set driven key concept I could animate the rotation of one gear with a rotating bone and then use a "set driven key" on the bone of the other gear to copy and invert the rotation of the first one. That way I only animate one bone, but I know the system of both gears would animate properly.

Moho has the "bind layer" tool. Can I bind a bone layer to a bone in another layer? That would implement a part of what I am talking about.

This goes back to Ramón's first question indirectly by suggesting that if I could use "set driven keys" to tell the foot bones of a character to follow the location of a bone in the floor you could have the effect of the "lock bones" tool but with the added ability to move a floor bone and therefore the position of both foot bones together which would make it easier to control them exactly as you want and easier to not make the mistake of accidently moving the wrong bone.
myles

Post by myles »

j0llyr0ger wrote:For instance if you have two shapes in Moho that represent meshing gears- with the set driven key concept I could animate the rotation of one gear with a rotating bone and then use a "set driven key" on the bone of the other gear to copy and invert the rotation of the first one. That way I only animate one bone, but I know the system of both gears would animate properly.
This is very easy to do using rotational constraints - just set one bone to be controlled by another, invert the rotation using an attribute of -1.
example: cogs.zip

j0llyr0ger wrote:This goes back to Ramón's first question indirectly by suggesting that if I could use "set driven keys" to tell the foot bones of a character to follow the location of a bone in the floor you could have the effect of the "lock bones" tool but with the added ability to move a floor bone and therefore the position of both foot bones together which would make it easier to control them exactly as you want and easier to not make the mistake of accidently moving the wrong bone.
Probably not so easy - possibly a variation of Brian(7feet)'s master-control setup? (By the way - thanks Brian!)

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx