Curious Bug in 5.0.2

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Rai López

Curious Bug in 5.0.2

Post by Rai López »

Sometimes, with Grid visible and Grid Snapping activated, when I put a Point EXACTLY in the grid point where a bone begin (in his base) and them manipulate any bone (several times, perhaps, and undo them perhaps) with Manipulate Bone Tool or other tool, the Point in the base of the bone made he MAD and run away out of screen (were we can not see it). If the Point is separated a bit to the base of the bone all works fine, well this is "MY BUG"...
Last edited by Rai López on Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Do you have a sample files that shows this problem?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

SORRY! I forgot send you the file, perhaps this could have be mended yet... but well, now the bug exists still in 5.0.7; You'll see the problem soon in both files if you select a Manipulate/Offset Bone Tool or if you go to other frame than "0" (see you that Bug occurs in botton Point, but not in the upper point althought both are exactly in the base of one bone) Curious, is it? ...Well, I hope that this can help you, CIAO!

PD:...I've sent the files to support@lostmarble.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Thanks for sending the file - that did help. The problem seems to be when you have a bone with zero strength, and a point that lies exactly centered on the bone. It isn't really a problem with the grid, but the grid is how you would get the two objects lined up exactly.

We'll get this fixed for the next update. In the meantime, there are two workarounds:

1. Zoom in close and move the point just slightly so that it isn't exactly lined up on the bone.

2. Increase the strength of any bone that currently has zero strength, You can zoom in close and give it just a tiny amount of strength - it won't really affect how the skeleton behaves, but it will stop this problem from happening.