Can't get bones to work?

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

DMerchen

Can't get bones to work?

Post by DMerchen »

I am new to the forum, but not completely new to moho. Love this program!! Anyway, I can not figure out what I am missing here on this one. I am trying to add bones to this guy, but it does'nt seem to work when I manipulate the bones, nothing moves. I am confused. Any help would be appreciated.
Dave
DMerchen

File Availability

Post by DMerchen »

How can I post a file or how can I make it available for someone to be able to look at?
Dave
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The most common cause of this is when someone fogets to place the vector layer containing the artwork inside the bone layer. Think of bone layers (and group layers) as folders, and vector layers as files. You can drag a vector layer and place it inside a bone layer. You have to do this first before you can manipulate your artwork with bones.

If you haven't read them yet, I would strongly recommend reading the tutorials in the Moho user's manual, included with the program itself.
[/i]
DMerchen

Screenshot

Post by DMerchen »

Here is a screen shot of what I am working on, and it shows that the vector layer is inside the bone layer. So, I am still lost. Thanks again for any help.

http://members.cox.net/dcmerchen/Doodle.jpg
Dave
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hmm, in that case I may need to see the actual file. You can email it to support@lostmarble.com. (To link to files in this forum, you need a website of your own to post them to.)

Another possibility is this: at frame 0, the Rotate Bone and Translate Bone tools are used to position the bones, not manipulate the character. The Manipulate Bones tool is used at frame 0 to test out the bones, and will also move the character.

If you go to frame 1, or use the Manipulate Bones tool, does your character move then? If not, then go ahead and email me the file so I can see what's going on.