Switch Action

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Sine

Switch Action

Post by Sine »

Can we use switch layers for actions?
It doesn't seem to work now. I make some hand gestures in a switch layer and animated an action. But referencing the action in the main timeline does not work.
Sine =)
WillBellJr

Post by WillBellJr »

That's a great idea - I'd love to see that implemented!

I'd like to know if actions are stretchable - being able to drag the length of an action thereby scaling it to fit a particular needed length of time?

-Will
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

So yes, there does seem to be a bug in switch channels and actions. A switch action cannot be inserted by reference into the main timeline. However, it does seem to work if you insert the action as a copy instead. So that's the workaround until we get the issue fixed.

As far as stretching an action, you can't do that now. However, if you insert an action as a copy, not by reference, then it just becomes regular keyframes in the main timeline, and you can edit those however you wish.
WillBellJr

Post by WillBellJr »

Thanks for the reply - yes I understand about copying and then modifying the keyframes.

I posted it as a wish item because it would be a nice simple (and logical) operation to just drag the ends of the action to fit them where needed on the timeline.

Thanks again for such a wonderful program!

-Will
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

yeh i came across this too the ohter day... would be very helpful!