New guy with a Importing issue

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Timbone

New guy with a Importing issue

Post by Timbone »

Hey all! As you can see, I'm new here and new to Moho. I was very interested in trying to animate some characters that I draw in Illustrator... but when I import them into Moho, a lot of the angles and poinst suffer! They become curves and round off.

I've tried saving as eps files, older AI file versions, taking the AI file into Flash and saving it in different ways, but no matter what, Moho tweaks the vector art from the original!

Is there a fix for this, or a way to import my art where this won't happen?

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I would prefer to draw in Illustrator and animate in Moho!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Although they're both vector programs, Moho and Illustrator represent vector artwork in very different ways. When importing an Illustrator file, Moho has to do a certain amount of "approximation" to try to get the curves right. In some cases, this works really well, while in other cases you may need to tweak the artwork after importing it to get some of the curves right.
peeg

From Illustrator

Post by peeg »

When I export stuff from illustrator I flatten transparency, and use pathfinder>unite to join any simlar bits that overlap. I basically reduce the illustration to its most basic state before I save it to illustrator 3 format. When I get it into MOHO I thin out the big globs points and add any sharp corners that need putting back in.

All this is a bit fiddley so it's probably best to drawn straight into Moho, which isn't so bad, haven't used illustrator since I bought it! :D

Cheers

Paul
Hand Drawn Illustration & Animation
www.handdrawn.co.uk
paul@handdrawn.co.uk