anime

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

DaleG

anime

Post by DaleG »

hmmm...

Just found out about ANIME. I guess moho is going big time! Congratulations Lost Marble :) You certainly deserve success for your wonderful product. I hope you can continue to deliver the same "small time" charm and attention as well!

Any comments? :)
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Well, as it turns out, anime is fairly easy to create in Moho.

Here's a sample showing the construction:

- http://www.bones3d.com/moho/anime2.moho
(321K Moho 5.3 document)

If you really want to get into it, check out some books, such as Tadashi Ozawa's five volume How To Draw Anime & Game Characters series.

Also worth reading are The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams and How To Draw Manga: Making Anime to get a detailed look into how professional animators do what they do.
8==8 Bones 8==8
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

The still image and the first animation are great. However, the second animation shows why Moho is not the best tool for creating Anime. Her head doesn't really work in 3D.
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

MarkBorok wrote:The still image and the first animation are great. However, the second animation shows why Moho is not the best tool for creating Anime. Her head doesn't really work in 3D.

Actually, much of what's wrong in that animation is user error and laziness, not a Moho limitation. Much of that animation could be improved greatly using many of Moho's masking options and given more time. This merely a demonstration of Moho's potential for anime creation. The overall quality itself is entirely on the shoulders of the animator that created it, and not the tools themselves.
8==8 Bones 8==8
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Thank you Bones!

I wanted to say something like that... but... I said something similar in another thread and didn't want to get a reputation. ;)

I struggle with laziness everyday.

-vern