Filling out objects on Moho Tutorial

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Jza

Filling out objects on Moho Tutorial

Post by Jza »

I was doing the Moho tutorial
however I couldnt find a way to fill out the 'clouds' it seems the vertices didnt close into a single shape. So the 'space bar' will activate the filling on the shapes.

Can anyone tell me if I a need something else.
Buddha

Post by Buddha »

Are you sure you connected all the points?

It worked for me. But what didnt work for me was the line effects. My outline just stayed black and didnt change.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

You do have to make sure the points are welded together. If you are following the tutorial, you need to make sure, when starting the second curve, that use the Add Point tool starting over (or at least very, very close) to an existing point. If you start in the middle of a line the new point will not be connected to the first curve, and you won't be able to fill the shape, since it won't be properly closed. I'm figuring thats the problem. It could be the beginning of the new curve, the end, or both. Try moving either of then using the Translate Point tool. If the point wanders off by itself and doesn't drag the line you thought it was attached to along with it, that's your problem. In that case, move the point over one of the points on the original curve, and either hit the spacebar when it's there, or just turn on the Auto-Weld checkbox.

To see the line effects, you need to render the frame, you won't see them in the work window. If you've set it up right, you should see the effects if you hit Control-R (on PC) or File>Render.

Hope that helps.

--Brian
Jza

Merging points

Post by Jza »

is there a tool to merge it? or do they automatically merge once they are together?

Interesting enough I have been able to do the outline but not the filling. I press the space bar and still doesnt work.

I wonder if I am missing something, I check the end/first vertices and they match 100%