keyframe weirdness

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

jeff

keyframe weirdness

Post by jeff »

I have finally started playing a bit with version 5 and am finding lots of weirdnesses with the ways that keys act, some of which I can replicate, some of which I can’t.

Here’s one very simple example which is easy to replicate:

[By the way, I use a dual monitor display, so I opened Moho 4.6 on one monitor and 5 beta4 on the other (both running under XP SP 1).]

On both versions, I did the following:

1 with ALT+SHIFT pressed, I drew a circle in the middle of frame. (I turned off auto fill / outline in Moho 5 so both images looked the same)

2 I advanced to frame 6

3 using the lasso mode, I picked the uppermost point on the drawn circle

4 I then dragged the selected point to the right, producing a distorted looking shape

5 I deleted the key at frame 6. (Of course, I could have undone the move and everything would have been fine, or used the “reset point” option). In version 4.6, the result was as it should be; the point jumped back to its starting point. In version 5, deleting the move also deleted the point itself!

As a further example of weirdness:

as in 1 to 4 above, I translated a point on frame 6. I then translated it further on frame 12. Now, on frame 18, I wanted it to go back to where it was on frame 6, so I selected the key on frame 6 and did CTRL C, CTRL V to copy it on to frame 18. Oops! Instead of pasting the key, the program deleted the “selected point motion” key on frame 6 and created a totally separate straight line object!

Has some fundamental change been made to the way the program works, or are these nasties?

Regards,

Jeff
Postality

Post by Postality »

The timeline copy and paste funtions have been changed to ALT+C for copy and ALT+V for paste. that's why the CTRL+C and CTL+V are doing things in the frame you're drawing because those are keys to affect the artwork.

Just remember when you're doing timeline / keyframe stuff to use the new key defaults ALT+C and ALT+V
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Same for backspace - in step 5 when you tried to delete the keyframe, I suspect you pressed Backspace. This deleted the point, not the keyframe - to delete the keyframe, press Alt+Backspace.

One of the big requests we've had was to allow drawing at any frame in the animation. If you can draw points at any frame, you need to be able to delete them. So, the backspace key deletes the selected points or bones, regardless of the current frame. In Moho 4.x, pressing backspace at frame 0 had a different meaning than pressing it at other frames. This just isn't possible anymore, so Alt+Backspace had to be introduced to delete keyframes.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Thanks for the replies. I look forward to the final release and of course documentation. Apart from the GUI, I am really happy with most of the changes.

Jeff