question about the 3d obj

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

cis4life

question about the 3d obj

Post by cis4life »

I have a question,

Im about to purchase MOHO to get the beta to moho 5 for a project. I have a 3d Baseball bat model. Once I import the bat into moho, I can rig the bat to animate with bones? also, will I be able to rotate the bat (not model, just rotate the bat around and so forth)

If I wanted him to have arms, what would be the best approch to doing this, (single mesh) or (multi-mesh... the arms being seperate obj files)

also, can I color a mesh in moho, like if the model don't have a texture, can I paint the mesh like some basic colors?

Thanks,
Cedric
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

You can rig a 3D model using bones, but keep in mind that bones in Moho are only 2D. So, you'll be limited in how you can control a 3D model in Moho.

3D layers can moved/scaled/rotated/etc. using the regular layer tools.

If you want to add arms, using multiple meshes will allow you to rotate the arms forward and back if you set it up right. However, I can't really recommend using 3D layers for character animation - Moho is still oriented towards 2D. You might be able to do some characters in 3D, but it'll probbaly be frustrating - 3D layers are meant more for scenery and props that don't require complex animation.

You can set the base color of a mesh in Moho, but you can't set different colors for different parts - use a 3D modeling program for that.