5.3 won't uncompress on OS X

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Manu

5.3 won't uncompress on OS X

Post by Manu »

I downloaded 5.3 a few times and every time I try to uncompress it, Stuffit comes up with an error message. I'm using Stuffit 10.0 and OS 10.3.9. I've already reinstalled Stuffit, but to no avail.

Anybody else has this problem?
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

I heard about some issues with Stuffit 10 on OSX.
I went back to Stuffit 9.0.1 - since then all works well.

Cheers
Nolan
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Downloading using FireFox gave a different file than using Safari. The first couldn't be decompressed, the second could. FireFox something gives me problems when the mimetypes aren't correctly defined on a server. All other browsers don't have that particular problem.

So try downloading the file with Safari.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Okay, thanks for the responses. I was downloading it with Safari anyway. I guess Stuffit 10 is the culprit then. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find Stuffit 9 for download anywhere. I'll try tomorrow with the computer at work, see if I'm more successful there.
Having said that, the only problems I've had so far is with .ZIP files. I wonder if LM should offer the OSX crowd a .SIT file for download.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Read this on the Stuffit.com website:
10.0.1 Update Now Available StuffIt Deluxe, StuffIt Expander, and StuffIt Standard Edition have now been updated to version 10.0.1. This update is recommended for all StuffIt 10 customers as it provides a number of important fixes to issues that were reported after the initial release. Click on the update links below.
So, you might check 10.0.1 first before you try to find 9.0.1. And some users have experienced problems installing Stuffit Standard, because their disk permissions weren't repaired before they installed Stuffit. So you might want to run (with the app Disk Utility in the utilities folder) that before you install Stuffit Standard 10.0.1.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Rasheed wrote:10.0.1 Update Now Available StuffIt Deluxe, StuffIt Expander, and StuffIt Standard Edition have now been updated to version 10.0.1.
D'oh, I completely overlooked that one. Thanks, everything is working fine now.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I'm very happy for you :D Have fun using Moho 5.3!