MoHo 5 Beta 4: Strange happenings.

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Postality

MoHo 5 Beta 4: Strange happenings.

Post by Postality »

Okay I'll try and walk you through what's happening.

I make a circle with the circle tool.
then I make a square with the square tool.

I join the top 2 points of the square to the 2 side points of the circle.

then I remove all the lines that are inbetween so that I have the top 1/2 of the cicle and the bottom of the square so I have a single shape again.

now on the points that I've joint it will not adjust the the peek or smooth properly. This was also a problem in previous versions, though I thought I had mentioned it before.
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

What you're doing is allowed, but kind of weird. The reason the curvature tool isn't working is that:

1. Curvature adjusts the smoothness of a curve through a point.
2. The points you're trying to adjust are not in the middle of a curve - they are at the end of two curves.

When you weld the points you describe, they are on separate curves. When you delete the extra curve segments, it now looks like you have a single closed curve, but what you really have is two un-closed curves that are welded together.

Try this instead:

Draw a square. Then add a new point in the middle of the top edge of the square, dragging it upwards. Adjust curvature of all points as needed.

Or, in the method you describe, first delete the edges you don't want, and then do the welding. If you weld two endpoints, you're joining two curves into one. If you weld two midpoints, you're joining two curves, but they remain separate curves.
Postality

Post by Postality »

Ah, okay I get it now. Thanx for the info.
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics