Help Me Find My Lost PNG...

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

xian

Help Me Find My Lost PNG...

Post by xian »

Hi All.

Here is a strange situation. I have been working on a shot with an image file of a ship.

If I test Render (ctrl+R), everything comes out beautifully and I see everything that is in the scene.

However, when I Export (ctrl+E) the shot, my ship is replaced with the Broken Image graphic.

I see it fine while working in the main window, but for some reason it will not export.

I have tried relinking the image, but that had nothing to do with it...still the Broken Image icon.

I also tried changing project settings and output settings, for no good reason, but the song remains the same.

The image is 1.5 megs. Are there any file size limits? I have rendered the entire ship before, but now it is just not happening. Of course, it is also as my deadline approaches.

Please lend your expertise and Muchas Gracias.
Can I get a blue spot?
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Seems to me that you have a corrupted PNG file. Have you tried to rebuild the file from the original? Use 24 bits RGB with alpha channel for exporting (so in fact 32 bits).
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Sound like you may experience the same thing I have in this bug report.
I have no solution yet.
xian

Post by xian »

Thanks for the reply Rasheed.

We figured it out.

The moho file was very large around 28 Megs. I thought that when caching for render, it was getting a bit bogged down and "released" the .png.

After going through the file and cleaning out unused bits, the image re-appeared for rendering. Then the problem was that the ship layer had to be duplicated, flipped and given 20% opacity. The file would render the first ship layer, but then throw it out for the second, leaving the Broken Image Icon again.

Eventually, we decreased the size of the image and it worked.

Yes Rylleman, that appears to be the same issue.
Can I get a blue spot?