Lasso Woes, etc

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

7feet

Lasso Woes, etc

Post by 7feet »

Sorry to throw more at you. but as far as I can tell, the lasso mode for point selection is DOA. This also seems to be the case in the "bind points"tool. Just for the heck of it, I again tried to use the lasso tool to select a very, very dense scribbly drawing I did with my pallette with the default freehand settings, and succeeded in crashing the program. I haven't been able to duplicate this. It's possible I hit the right click button on the pen while tapping, so it might have been the 2-mouse-button crash, but I don't believe so.

When going from freehand (and maybe other drawing modes) to translate, and if autoweld is checked in translate, it seems to autoweld points across all layers when you move something. I'm not entirely sure of the consitency of my results here, and am wondering if there is some interaction with having previously run the autoweld script. I have to go do some paying work now, so I'll test that a bit more later tonight.

Also, a small thing, you can't resize the horizontal dimensions of the main window by grabbing the sides, but only from the corners.

That said, great, great stuff. I haven't got to a 10th of the new features yet.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Re: Lasso Woes, etc

Post by Lost Marble »

7feet wrote:Sorry to throw more at you. but as far as I can tell, the lasso mode for point selection is DOA. This also seems to be the case in the "bind points"tool.
Yes, the lasso function has a serious bug in beta 1. We'll have that fixed for beta 2.
When going from freehand (and maybe other drawing modes) to translate, and if autoweld is checked in translate, it seems to autoweld points across all layers when you move something. I'm not entirely sure of the consitency of my results here, and am wondering if there is some interaction with having previously run the autoweld script. I have to go do some paying work now, so I'll test that a bit more later tonight.
Hmm, I'm not sure what to say about that. It shouldn't do that, so if you can find a repeatable example where that happens, please let us know.
Also, a small thing, you can't resize the horizontal dimensions of the main window by grabbing the sides, but only from the corners.
You actually can resize the window horizontally, but the cursor isn't changing to the window resize cursor - it stays as the current tool cursor, so it isn't clear when you're in the right place to resize the window. So, the bug is actually the cursor appearance, not the actual window resizing.