Slow rendering or what?

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

red hamster

Slow rendering or what?

Post by red hamster »

I rendered some clip , 5-6 secs , with a movie as background and 5 or 6 character made with both layers and png parts.
If I had another characters, the whole GUI starts to move very slowy and I can't move the bones anymore. Then I renderize the whole scene and it took me an painfull 30 minute.
:(

I wonder if is it possible, using a 2003 PC , to build an scene with a dozen of complex characters at the same time.
jwynia

Are you using particles?

Post by jwynia »

I've only noticed crazy long renders when I have particle layers in the animation. At first, I couldn't figure out why it was taking longer than the first version of the scene did. Then I looked and noticed that I had added a snow layer via the scripting. When I pulled that out, it all sped back up.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

What I do to speed up the use of particles is to render them by themselves. Instead of rendering the snow again and again, I render it once, save it with alpha ("Animation" codec and "Millions of colors+"), and then add the snow movie instead of the particle layer. Dosn't work so well in all cases, but might be to some help anyway.