It won't fill...

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

kilerb

It won't fill...

Post by kilerb »

I’m sure this is a very easy problem to solve so I think it’s a very basic question. I made a character in Moho… I made an oval head and basically drew points to make the body. I made the entire bottom portion (arms, torso, and legs) basically as one continuous shape. In other words, I have a bunch of points that connect as an outline around the entire body (torso, arms, and legs again,) and it connects again where I started it. When I select all the points that make up the head, I get the checkerboard so I can fill, but when I select all the body points, I don’t get the checkerboard, so I can't fill. I had the head touching it at first, and thought that might be messing it up, so I removed it and resealed the top by his neck to see if I could fill it in after that, and it still doesn’t make the checkerboard. Any idea why I can’t fill in his body with a color? Should I be doing this a different way? Not 1 continuous connection to make up the body?

Thanks a lot!
mr. blaaa

Re: It won't fill...

Post by mr. blaaa »

kilerb wrote:...but when I select all the body points, I don’t get the checkerboard, so I can't fill. Any idea why I can’t fill in his body with a color? Should I be doing this a different way? Not 1 continuous connection to make up the body?
Thanks a lot!
Alright this is a really simple problem. The thing is that u propably created at least two points at the same location or you caused some other "moho bugs". To find out where this is can be tricky.

The solution is to create the different body parts in their own group/bone layers.
This does avoid such "unfillable shapes" and makes animation at a later point and/or bone binding a lot easyier and comfortable.

So the best thing is, you split the character up in Body Parts.
(Also can be found in the moho manual).

If you got any question just let me know.

Cheers 8)
WillBellJr

Post by WillBellJr »

It should be okay to create a seamless body - you just have to remember to create a closed shape - if it's not closed, it won't fill or fill properly...

-Will
"With THIS!, you could be like GOD!..." - Kozer, Blake's 7