essential features request

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

bellissimo

essential features request

Post by bellissimo »

I love this program! I want to use this program!
But there are few simple features that are essential to a practical workflow. Please consider these few things!!!!!!

The bezier drawing tool needs more control. Points with handles PLEASE!

Scenes. Please add the ability to compose MULTIPLE scenes in a single file!

Some kind of symbol or instancing system to store elements in a library!

Control tangents on keyframes in the timeline graph for subtle manipulation of speeds in and out of control points. ESSENTIAL!

Forget bones, widgets, scripting......GET THE BASICS IN THERE FIRST FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

I thinks that MoHo is much better than flash , the bones are fantastic.
The only feature that I miss are the multiple scenes..
I use moho object instead of simbols, it is the same .
bellissimo

Post by bellissimo »

this has nothing to do with flash
Flash sucks for animation.
I love the bones , I love the features.
But I can't understand throwing in cool things like bone dynamics
when the most basic features have not even been adressed yet!
The drawing tool in moho is really awkward at best.
Tangents for drawing and animating are standard.

Moho is so totally unique! It has the potential to revolutionize!
But it needs some basic things added..not to mention better promotion!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

The problem is that everybody has his own "essential features request" and there is ONLY a one person for do all work...

I TOTALLY agree with you in a feature like:
- Control tangents on keyframes in the timeline graph for subtle manipulation of speeds in and out of control points. ESSENTIAL! (yes!)

And can agree too with:
Scenes. Please add the ability to compose MULTIPLE scenes in a single file!

But I think that there is another things that are ESSENTIAL for a decent work in Moho, I'll put it in "essential" order:
- Better quality render (i.e.) without this is difficult that this program can has the potential to revolutionize nothing... ESSENTIAL!
- A logical treatment of Z depth for all layers and groups/subgroups (like 3D Layers with Z buffer do), without this is impossible to can organizate your proyects like you want and get the results that you want and it is an horrible headache... (beliveme).
- And maybe the addition of some sound features it'd be nice (yes, I know that it's not ESSENTIAL, but it'd do the work more and more easy and confortable...)

Well, I think that I had more "ESSENTIALS" things but I don't remember now... I'll going to put it here in order I can remember... *CIAO*
Last edited by Rai López on Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
cribble

Post by cribble »

i agree on some issues here, although we've all discussed the same issues in the "feature request" side of the forum (hint).
--Scott
cribble.net
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

"The bezier drawing tool needs more control. Points with handles PLEASE!"

As I understand it, Moho doesn't use bezier curves. These are a different kind of spline that is better for animation. I have no problem with the way they work.

I do agree that there are essential things that need taking care of. Having more control over the graph in the timeline is number one, with rendering improvements coming a close second. I've been working on a commercial project and it's been incredibly frustrating to use the keyframes in Moho. When you're on a deadline you don't have time to do every inbetween by hand (plus I unwisely decided to animate at a full 30 fps, which would make a lot of inbetweens).

There is more serious, professional work being done with Moho now and the program needs to take care of these practical matters before going on to the cool stuff. I've been trying to convince the studio where I work to use Moho, but for the moment I don't think it's a viable choice.
Sine

Re: essential features request

Post by Sine »

bellissimo wrote:GET THE BASICS IN THERE FIRST FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!
GET ANOTHER PROGRAM FOR YOURSELF FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Sine =)
cribble

Re: essential features request

Post by cribble »

Sine wrote:GET THE BASICS IN THERE FIRST FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!

GET ANOTHER PROGRAM FOR YOURSELF FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!
:lol: Bitchin' but true... and i have no problems with the spline/bezier points, you just want to turn this program into Adobe Illustrator with an animation feature... what next, mesh gradient?!
--Scott
cribble.net
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I too tire of the "moho isn't Adobe Illustrator".

There is a reason that there isn't any animation for illustrator - it's very, very difficult to do, much less do well! If and when Adobe slaps an animation program onto Illustrator, then we can compare apples and apples. Remember, though, that Adobe cancelled their animation program (Live Motion).
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

- A logical treatment of Z depth for all layers and groups/subgroups (like 3D Layers with Z buffer do), without this is impossible to can organizate your proyects like you want and get the results that you want and it is an horrible headache... (beliveme).
Please explain.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

SORRY! :oops: That is now in dicussion (in General Discussion) and hope better explained here: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=552 I hope too that you can agree then with that IMPORTANT issue... :wink: CIAO!
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

Ramón López wrote:SORRY! :oops: That is now in dicussion (in General Discussion) and hope better explained here: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=552 I hope too that you can agree then with that IMPORTANT issue... :wink: CIAO!
I see what you're talking about. I agree, that does seem important, even though I haven't encountered this problem yet.

So then this, plus better rendering, plus more control over the animation graph would be the three most important new features. I would imagine that the motion graph feature would be easiest to implement, since it does not require tinkering with complex graphics algorithms, but simply plotting motion through 2D space.

And with all that said, I've been working on a Moho project very intensively for the past few weeks and with all the headaches (including the ones I caused myself), it's been extraordinarily fun.
tim worsfold

Post by tim worsfold »

I'm afraid I agree with the first comment - Moho badly needs a facility for creating and editing bezier curves. Apart from anything, this would greatly aid import of Illustrator files. Bezier curves are found on nearly every drawing package and incorporating them into Moho would make the software much easier to learn.
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

I had no problem learning to use Moho's splines (or Animation:Master's splines, which work in much the same way).

Beziers might work okay for non-animating elements. It's true that there are various programs that use more than one kind of spline.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

i think most of the so called ESSENTIAL features u'd like to have would be an improvement.

BUT: i think it is hard to fix the descripted issues and realize them AND to make your Moho-Work u did before COMPATIBLE/READABLE/MANAGABLE if e.g. there may be a possibility to setup several scenes in 1 file...

dont u think integrating your features could cause more bugs/incompatibilities than improvements? :?