animatable line width!!!

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

BA

animatable line width!!!

Post by BA »

sweet!!!! this is a great addition.

thanks Lost Marble!

looking forward to discovering the other new features...
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Could you please post a sample animation of your using this new feature, I would like to see how you would use it. :D
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Really you can't imaginate any??? :shock: I've been waiting for this since I knew Moho and I'm very :D HAPPY :D for this adition too! And want to take advantage of this post to say again: THANK YOU (very much) LM!!! ...This will be very usefull (to me) for maintain the aparence of my characters in morphins and head/ body turnings (i.e) and :idea: I've been experimenting with noisy keyframes for interestings noisy line efects too! I think that this feature bring us TOTAL control of ours shapes along the time and that is GREAT! *CIAO*

PS: :D
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Let´s see it in action! :D :D :D
I can´t visualize it - I want to see an animation of it. :D :D :D
(I tried it and it did not look so good :? - so I must not know how to use this feature properly.)
So I want someone who can do it, show me an animation so I can go - Ah-HA! :!: :idea: Now I get it.

Ramón, do you have one to show us?

-------------
Just like Moho 5.2 has embedded scripts - I can´t do that (or really understand it) and am waiting for those that can do it to post some scripts so then I can go - Ah-Ha! Then my imagination will kick into gear and come up with some good ideas to use them.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Here is my test using Moho´s new animated line widths function.
Animated Line Widths.mov

When would some one use thin then fat then thin line widths in an animation?
I know there has to be lots and lots of ideas, but I am stumped.

Please post your animations showing your creative uses of the animated line width in action. :D
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Toontoonz wrote: Ramón, do you have one to show us?
:lol: JAJA... DEFINITELY YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!! :) :| :( :cry:

Mmm...About that you say of animatable Line Width can be that exist a little bug with Reset Line Width points when you create your first keyframes (between the 0 keyframe up to the next), I've experimented some weird results with that and thought to put it in Bug Reports but I was not completely sure... Seems that if in frame 0 you modify Line width in ALL points (for do it "not reset points") the problem disapears... I'll go on investigating and when I be sure, I'll put it in Bug Reports or, LM, if you read this and tell us something about, I (of course) won't put it... *CIAO*
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

I don´t know anything about the RESET bug you are discussing, but I found a use for the animating line width:
A new way to make a mouth talk (and moving expressive eyebrows)!!!:
Use for Animated Line Width
I look forward to seeing some better ideas than this one! :D
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

This was just some random play. Not sure that they show anything useful but I did use the animated line width for all three and they aren't even pretty. One thing I do think we need is the ability to Reset Line Width -doesn't seem to work like Reset All Animations for example?

http://stormvisions.com/moho/lines1.mov

http://stormvisions.com/moho/lines2.mov

http://stormvisions.com/moho/lines3.mov
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
Toontoonz

Re: animatable line width!!!

Post by Toontoonz »

BA wrote:sweet!!!! this is a great addition.
BA - I think you made the original request to LM to animate line width in Moho - what are you using it for? Please post an animation or two of it in action. :D
BA

Post by BA »

i hope i'll be able to soon....

unfortunately i have to spend all day working in flash...

but late into the night you can bet i'll be animating line width.

I think the real usefulness of it is that now you can really morph any shape into any other shape, without being quite so limited by your original shape... ideal for head rotations, perspective shifts, etc...
BA

Post by BA »

actually, what would make this really really useful, is if you could reduce line width to 0 if necessary. The minimum line width still shows a tiny line.

It would be very helpful to transitions, morphs, head turns etc, if you could animate segments of lines appearing and disappearing, without having to build them as separate objects...

feature request?