Are you planning to use Moho 5 on Linux?

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

No, Windows and/or Mac only
52%
I plan to try it out/use it occasionally
8%
Yes, I plan to make regular use of the linux version
32%
Yes, exclusively!
8%

Total votes: 25
tknaps

Post by tknaps »

As the fate of the linux version of Moho 5 seems to undecided, I thought I'd create a small poll to see if there's any interest among us users. I for one am interested ;)
Tarjei
myles

Post by myles »

I'm interested. I have 4.6 running under Mandrake 10.0 (Official), and a little script to convert its image sequence output into AVI files.

Regards, Myles.
AlexPico

YES PLEASE

Post by AlexPico »

I use moho 4.6 on linux exclusively. The poll is currently 50x50. :D
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

This poll will of course be skewed by the fact that many non-Linux users probably won't participate, but I it doesn't hurt that a few of us are proclaiming "we want our Linux". 8)

I was curious about something Lost Marble said about some Linux users' responses, something about wanting Moho to go GPL ... I understand that the fundamental core of Moho is closed source, and I respect that as a valid business decision. So you're not going to please Richard Stallman; you want to ensure that customers pay for the software. Meanwhile, you've opened up an enormous creative window by adding scripting, and on top of that you go above and beyond most closed-source software creators with respect to feature requests and bug fixes. So I'd say it's a healthy compromise at this point. If a day comes in the distant future when you decide to abandon it, though, it would be nice to open the source at that time so that it doesn't die. Something to think about.
-Keith
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

hehe yeh open source of like moho 1
Tburlingame2003

Yes a Linux version

Post by Tburlingame2003 »

My experience with Moho on linux is that it is about 3 times faster in renders. I rendered under Linux and composed in Win 2K, The linux version should have a Comand line renderer this is what stops Moho from entering the pro world. It would also enable network and shared rendering based on the linux kernal capabilitys.
Todd