disable bone strength

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

razorx

disable bone strength

Post by razorx »

one thing i dont like about moho 5 is the bone strength feature....how do i make it not work?
7feet

Post by 7feet »

As far as I can tell, the only real way to bypass Moho doing bone strength calculations is to use the Bind Points tool to bind a point or set of points directly to specific bones. Which was the standard method before version 5. It's a bit more work, but very specific. Once a point is bound to a bone, that bone affects it and nothing else.
razorx

Post by razorx »

ok cool.....now....is there a way to set the default bone strength to be 0?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

No, but if points are bound directly to specific bones (or not bound at all, using the Bone->Release Points command), then the bone strength has no meaning.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I would also think that if there was a way to set a bones strength to zero, with any of the automated binding methods the bone wouldn't affect anything at all, and that wouldn't be much use. Also, what is it in particular about the bone strength that's annoying you? Maybe a different way of looking at it would help you use it. I personally find it a pretty handy bit in a lot of circumstances, but not everywhere, and everyone has their own methods.