image blur

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

bender

image blur

Post by bender »

Hello, I have a DC30+ video card, and when I export my moho files to .AVI using any of the current video compresors availables in my computer (including the dc30 codec) the image appears with a blur. I´m not using the "deep of field" option in moho.
The strange thing is that, when I render just a frame with the render option, the image is very clear and without any blur in it.
Can somebody help me??
Thanks
myles

Post by myles »

Hello Bender,

Many video compressors (codecs) are designed for live action rather than animation and will introduce some loss of quality (particularly using default settings) in an attempt to create smaller compressed files.

Do you have a lossless codec on your computer? (such as HuffYUV - I've had more success using version 2.1.1 rather than the 2.2.0 version found on some sites, MSU, Alparysoft - requires registration, PicVideo - commercial, or LEAD MCMP/MJPEG - commercial)

Lossless codecs do not lose quality, but usually create larger less compressed files than lossy codecs.

Are the codecs you are using set to 100% quality? Many codecs default to less than 100% quality for greater compression (smaller output files).

You can also try using Full Frames (Uncompressed), but you will get large output files.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

First of all I would recommend ditching that antique DC30+ unless you need the analogue input/output (even then, I'd consider an A/V convertor) and go for a FireWire card and use DV quality. Firewire is cheap and easy to use, beats m-jpeg any day.

But for now, if you use PAL with the DC30+ codec you should get a 768X576 frame and for S-VHS quality expect about 2,5MB per second data. If your video does not fit that profile something is not right. You can also try exporting to Quicktime/Avi without compression and converting to DC30+ in your video editor (I'd guess you use Adobe Premiere or ULead MediaStudio). If the stills are good but the video is blurry is has to be the video compression settings somewhere.

Good luck,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
bender

thanks

Post by bender »

thank you both.... the problem was the motion jpeg codec of my dc30, now I have a newer computer and the quality of the image is perfect using uncompressed video