...QUESTION!

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Rai López

...QUESTION!

Post by Rai López »

Well, I'll try to explain me... (i.e.) I have a Bone Layer with one Vector sub-layer, if I anime the vector points and then anime the bones, te points movement is calculated by the bone layer how if his position be the same like in frame "0", but not is the same because you've animated'em ...this always dificult the combination of this two levels of animation (Point Animation --> Bone animation) and I'm wondering if is this so for a powerfull reason or what... that's all, CIAO!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

This is intentional. For example, you might animate an arm bending by using bone movement. As the arm bends, you might animate a muscle bulging using point movement. If the muscle bulges a lot an starts to get close to the head, you wouldn't want the points of the muscle to start getting influenced by the head bones. So, even as points are animated, they are still controlled by bones based on their original positions.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

THANKS! ...That is true, although in most cases the other option i'd be nice, actually I get the wanted results working with Switch Layers and Iterpolate Sub-layers checked, I put the points where I want in frame "0" and then animate the bones, It works for me, but working with Switch Layers I find some limitations that I would not find if I work with bone layers, I mean, Depth Sorting or Masking options, in example... Well, THANKS again for your time and patience... CIAO!
myles

Post by myles »

Ramón,

switch sub-layers do not have to be vector layers, they can be group layers with multiple vector children, so you can still have masking. However, you do have to create a separate mask for each switch sub-group (although in many cases you can just duplicate the sub-group and alter it as necessary).

Also, you can put both the switch layer and a masking vector layer into a group and use one mask for the entire set of switch layers.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

HI myles! Thank you for your reply, I know about sub-layer groups and over there (I know Moho features like my own hand 8) ), but if I do that I lost the posibility of Interpolate Sub-layers and the "squisy" movemen of the bones between other parts of the body, things that are VERY important for me and my characters... That's all, seems simple but this (together with the incompatibility Depth Sorting between groups) is one of the reasons that generate my worse headaches, oooh :cry: yes...
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Ramon - You really know Moho and have lots of interesting requests and questions.
Post some of your animations on the "Share your work" forum so we can see all wild and wonderful things you are doing with Moho! :D :D :D
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

Oh Yes, I'm waiting for this a long time !

Cheers
Nolan
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

JAJA :D ...Some day!!! I'm all the time investigating and never find the results that I want!! Cause of this I'm ALWAYS complaining :x ...Well, when I be enough proud about something "you will be the first in admire my talent" *

*Tim Burton's ED WOOD quote :wink:
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Let´s see some of your experiments and investigations with Moho so we can all learn from them! :D :D :D
My problem with animating is not with Moho, but with my own talent in drawing and coming up with clever animation ideas. :D :D :D
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

We should think of computers used in animation as tools – not as a medium.
(from Pixels and Pegbars)
IOW it's nice to know all features of a program, but what you really need to know is how to draw and animate, and most importantly how to entertain people, how to keep them wanting to see more of your work. You can never be experienced enough in these matters; there are allways new things to explore and new ways to see.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

"Rasheed", did you used to be "Rash" that use to post here???
:?: :D :D :?:
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Toontoonz! :o You're getting obsessed about it! Jaja, what a curious... :) :) :) THANK YOU for all that interest (really), I'll work hard for can put something (someday) ...although now I'm afraid :? cause all that expectations... :arrow: glup...
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Toontoonz wrote:"Rasheed", did you used to be "Rash" that use to post here???
Yes. I wanted to change RASH into Rasheed (my cat's name), but this wasn't possible, so I created a new name.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Ramón López wrote:Toontoonz! :o You're getting obsessed about it! Jaja, what a curious... :) :) :) THANK YOU for all that interest (really), I'll work hard for can put something (someday) ...although now I'm afraid :? cause all that expectations... :arrow: glup...
No I am not obsessed with it ----you have written so many interesting posts and I noticed I had never seen any animations from you on the Moho forum -just lots of requests for changes and suggestions to Moho.
(To tell you the truth I had the impression you were running a big animation studio in Spain and were working on a big project using Moho and you needed changes to Moho so your studio could complete the project(s) better and faster. :D )
Was wondering if you were an artist/illustrator/animator or more interested in the programming side of Moho - that perhaps you are more interested in what Moho is & can do as a program, than what one can do with Moho.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Ramón López wrote:Toontoonz!...although now I'm afraid :? cause all that expectations... :arrow: glup...
Don't worry about that too much, I had the same experience when I suggested that another type of cartoons should be posted in the Share forum. Toontoonz suggested to show us what I meant with an example. I saw that as a challenge and started to study even harder than I already did.

Hmm, I seem to see cartoons everywhere and in every situation. Is that my imagination coming loose? I guess it is and I also guess that sometimes all one needs is a bit of encouragement (and a pad on the back).

Still, I hope you'll overcome your shyness and share some of your creative ideas, Ramón. It doesn't have to be perfect, otherwise we don't have much to talk about ;) Positive critique can only make you better, and I haven't seen anything else than that in this forum.

So feel free to share with us.