Transparency Preview-Render Question...

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Rai López

Transparency Preview-Render Question...

Post by Rai López »

When I have a semi-transparent Outline and move the points came up it's superposed with himself (...), the line appears like superposed in Editing View:

And this is that I see when I render(the line/color is not superposed):

...Is this normal? Is a bug?? Is a Preview or a Render BUG??? I'd only like to know... CIAO!
Last edited by Rai López on Fri May 13, 2005 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RASH

Post by RASH »

It must be a bug in the display mode, because both Preview and Render from the file menu give the same result, while Preview in the Display Quality option list (i.e. display mode) gives a different result.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

It's not a "bug" exactly, more a "limitation" of the editing view. To keep the editing view interactive, certain compromises have to be made and the result is not going to look exactly like the final rendered output. When editing, a transparent line is drawn section-by-section, so that when it overlaps itself, you see one section of the curve through another.

When rendering, the entire curve is drawn out and then composited with the correct alpha value onto the rest of the drawing. This gives the correct result, but is more time consuming, and not suitable for the editing view.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

WELL! Thank you very MUCH for resolve my doubts :) ...I can sleep quiet now...hmmm... :arrow: SORRY FOR YOUR TIME!