Audio Options Greyed Out

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

ntt

Audio Options Greyed Out

Post by ntt »

Hi,

This seems like such an daft question, but I've been searching and searching, and using Moho for months now, and I still don't know the answer.

My question is simply, why are all the options to do with audio greyed out? That includes file->import->soundtrack, animation->[select|remove|mute] soundtrack, and scripts->sound->audio bone wiggle.

I'm using Moho 5.0.9 on Linux 2.6.11, (gentoo), amd64 and ALSA with OSS emulation.

Did I miss something somewhere? Do soundtracks just not work in the Linux version? I've got to the stage of animating to a soundtrack now, and not being able to import a soundtrack into Moho is making this incredibly tedious and error-prone!

Thanks in advance!
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Alas, soundtrack manipulation and importation is not available in linux. :-( I understand from LM that this is because quicktime is not available for linux, though I hope that they would be able to use SDL or another similar package down the road to make the linux version as full-featured as the windows and mac versions.

I would also recommend upgrading to version 5.1, since there was a nasty bug in earlier linux versions that prevented lua script file dialoges from appearing.
ntt

Post by ntt »

That's annoying. Thanks for the reply though.

If anyone from LM reads this, would this not be a good thing to put in the manual, or an FAQ? Better still, break from the UI tradition of greyed out things and offer some explanation in the interface as to why they're greyed out. Although I, for one, would be thrilled to see this feature implemented in the Linux version!