Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger") compatibility

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

tim worsfold

Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger") compatibility

Post by tim worsfold »

Does anyone know whether Moho works with OS X 10.4? Any problems?

I'm planning to upgrade, but will put it off if Moho doesn't work yet!
RASH

Post by RASH »

If you have an external harddisk, you could make a backup with Carbon Copy Cloner of your internal harddisk and restore OS X 10.3.9 from the external HD if Tiger appears to be incompatible with some of your non-Apple software.

Anyway, Moho wasn't listed in the Incompatibility page of MacInTouch. Of course, there might be problems that weren't reported yet.

That's the reason I never update to a brand new OS as soon as it appears. Third-party developers always need time to produce updates based on customer complaints. 10.3.9 is still a very well supported version, so there is no immediate reason to update at this moment IMHO.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

We've had one report of problems exporting, but haven't been able to reproduce it ourselves. So far, Moho seems to work well on Tiger. There is a problem if you export to the new H.264 video codec, but otherwise it seems OK. Again, there was that one report of problems that we're looking into, so if Moho is critical to your work, I would experiment first with an external drive.
tim worsfold

Post by tim worsfold »

That's cool. I think I'll probably wait until they bring out the next revision as no doubt there will be various other incompatibilities as well.
gswallow

Moho 5 vs OSX Tiger

Post by gswallow »

Am wondering if anyone trying Moho 5.1.1 under Tiger has noted any speed increases with the full 64-bit OSX. Such as, faster audio when in edit mode.

Under Panther Exports to MOV files are great, but would like to see the audio not sound like a 78 at 33 when editing.

Am running a Dual G5 1.8GHz PowerMac with 1gb RAM and 64mb nVidia attached to 17in ADC Studio CRT and DVI-VGA 19in CRT.

Thanks all. :D
God Bless,

GregS <><
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

Everything works fine here so far.
Moho 5.1.1 / Tiger 10.4.1 / iMac G4 ("the old one").

Cheers
Nolan