Adding More Than One Keyframe

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

teotoon

Adding More Than One Keyframe

Post by teotoon »

Is there a way to add more than one (empty) keyframe to the timeline in v.5, or already in v.4?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I'm not quite sure what you mean. There is no such thing as an "empty" keyframe. A keyframe, by definition, stores some value at a particular frame, whether that value is a position, a rotation angle, a color, etc.

By and "empty" keyframe, do you mean a keyframe that has the same value as what was there before? You can create a key like this by right-clicking in the timeline and choosing "Add Keyframe" in the popup menu. You can do this as many times as you like, so in that sense, yes, you can add more than one.
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

I mean, can I create more than one keyframe (e.g. 5 keyframes located on every two frames) by using single command or button?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

No, you can't do that. Although you could write a script to do it. The script could even ask you how many keyframes, and how many frames in between each one.

Can I ask why you want to do this?
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

Here's the reason:

I usually animate in Moho by keyframing separate body parts which all have their own bone layers. In this case, certain bone or layer commands work fine. However, certain commands, for example, translating or flipping a given bone or a layer from, say, frame 1 to 12 may result in the falling apart of the character. If I can add more than one keyframe, then, I think, I can control these unwanted movements better. In other words, I can create the main movement by adjusting the position of the bone or the layer in keyframe 1 and keyframe 12 respectively, equal to key drawings or extremes in the classical 2d animation. Then, if I can add four keyframes between 1-12 on 3, 5, 7, 10; I can animate the movements more precisely with the help of the onion skin function without damaging the overall structure of the character based on separate body parts. This approach, as you can see, is closer to the idea of inbetweening in the classical 2d animation.