repeating move how?

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Agent

repeating move how?

Post by Agent »

why i dont want to animate a walking man again and again how can i make it to repeat 1 part of moving?
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Right click on your last keyframe on the time line and select 'Cycle'
Simpy

Post by Simpy »

It's a pity we dont actually save a certain animation cycle to something we can use over and over like movie clips...

oh well... :wink: :roll:
Last edited by Simpy on Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fear Me Mortals
Agent

Post by Agent »

thank you! :)
myles

Post by myles »

Simpy wrote:It's a pity we dont actually save a certain animation cycle to something we can use over and over like movie clips...
Hrm, Simpy, I believe that is available, if you group everything in your cycle under a top-level layer and save the file.

Moho 4, under File; Insert Object ...
Moho 5, under File; Import; Moho Object ...

E.g. A cycling animation can be saved in one Moho file - and then imported into multiple other files and projects.

The new v5 Actions timelines are a different approach, but should be very useful - you could potentially use them to mix action snippets - a run action repeated 3 times, a jump action, another run action, a "stop and look at scenery" action, another run action.

I haven't tried importing anything with Actions yet - hrm, something to try this weekend, perhaps.

Regards, Myles
Last edited by myles on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

myles wrote:The new v5 Actions timelines are a different approach, but should be very useful - you could potentially use them to mix action snippets - a run action repeated 3 times, a jump action, another run action, a "stop and look at scenery" action, another run action.
Whaa?? Whats all this kafuffle???

Translation:
What are actions, how do i use them?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Yeah, it's not so obvious yet without a new manual. Select Actions from the Window menu. You can create new actions there - each action basically has its own timeline where you can create a short animation clip. Then, you can insert actions into the main timeline.

Tip: double-click an action in the Actions window to edit it.
myles

Post by myles »

Lost Marble wrote:each action basically has its own timeline where you can create a short animation clip. Then, you can insert actions into the main timeline.
This is a seriously cool feature.
The equivalent of poses and ... umm ... actions ... in 3D software.

You can also overlap actions - the often-quoted example of having one action of the legs walking, and another action of the arm waving, then overlapping them so your character waves their arm while walking.

Regards, Myles.
spasmodic_cheese

Woh nelly that is SOO NIFTY!!

I just tried it, as well as merging actions that is REALLY cool!

I remember i used a program called quest3d that had a feature like this, and it had a slider in it that let you sorta 'mix' the actions together.

e.g if i had a walk cycle and a run cycle, i could start with the slider right on one side then as the run cycle startedi could animate the slider to go across and smoothly go into the run cycle

how do i do that in moho? (create a jogging action between both movements??)
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

I just tried it. Are you supposef to be able to cut and paste from the main time line into the action? I can't seem to find a way.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Meester Cheese! I've tried to play with it, but I'm coming up blank. If you've got it, please give us a play-by-play. I've been looking at that action menu for the last 3 weeks, but it's been a contiuous Huh? Too much time playing with 3D, I guess. I have insane amounts of work the rest of the week. I can't figger it out for myself right now. Describe, por favor.
--Brian
spasmodic_cheese

What ive done is
1) Created my character as per normal
2) Boned Him up
3) Window > Action
4) Press the First Button (New Action), type a name, press okay.
- You will see a Red Thing next to the action, this means thats what your
editing.

5) Create a walk cycle as per normal, or any bone animation.
6) Double click Mainline (main timeline) (the red thing should change to point at mainline)
7) Then click ONCE on your action and press the second button (Insert Reference)

Now if you look on your main timeline you will see a keyframe and a red shaded area with yout action name.

Try creating a new action and inserting it into the main timeline and watch them overlap!

I've tried it with only bones, it may do more!

okay hope that gets the ball rolling.