Using a Wacom tablet with Moho

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

JCook

Using a Wacom tablet with Moho

Post by JCook »

I've always used a Wacom tablet with most of my graphics applications, including Moho, for many years. The tablet works fine when using the pen; I can draw, select and translate things, and the pen pressure works well. The only things that don't work with Moho are the tablet buttons (across the top, where you can set commands, etc.) and the pen buttons. Is there not support for these things in Moho? It'd be real nice to have these things working with Moho.

thanks,
Jack
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Moho doesn't support these extra buttons specifically, but the Wacom software should be able to take care of it. For example, you can map different keystrokes to the various buttons across the top of the tablet.

The Wacom software should let you do things like map one of the tablet buttons to Ctrl+R (for example) to render a frame in Moho, or map a button to F5 to run a preview render. You can create a mapping specifically for Moho that is different from button commands you may have set up for Photoshop or other software.

The pen buttons too can be mapped with the Wacom software to things like double-click, right-click, or even a keystroke. You could map the keyboard shortcuts of your two favorite Moho tools to the pen buttons, for example.
JCook

Post by JCook »

It doesn't seem to be working, though. I have the tablet and pen buttons mapped to specific commands and tools in other programs, but when I try it with Moho it doesn't seem to work. I'll explore it again, and contact Wacom if I think they can help. I'm using Moho 5.0.9, by the way, on Mac OS 10.3.8.

Jack
JCook

Post by JCook »

I've just downloaded the new version, 5.1, and reset my Wacom buttons for Moho, and now they all seem to work just fine. This really makes workflow much, much better!

Jack
NerdmastaX

re:wacom

Post by NerdmastaX »

Lost Marble wrote:Moho doesn't support these extra buttons specifically, but the Wacom software should be able to take care of it..
why the heck not??? is it hard to implement??? i think you could add some nice features.... like maybe , just mabye have the eraser erase when you use it....Just mabye.... :D :D :D
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Moho doesn't have a general-purpose erase mechanism, but I guess the eraser could be mapped to the Delete Edge tool or something - that might be useful.

What else would you suggest mapping those buttons to? Since the tablet software lets you map different key sequences to the buttons, that would cover most tool shortcuts and menu commands.
stephen

Re: re:wacom

Post by stephen »

NerdmastaX wrote:
Lost Marble wrote:Moho doesn't support these extra buttons specifically, but the Wacom software should be able to take care of it..
why the heck not??? is it hard to implement??? i think you could add some nice features.... like maybe , just mabye have the eraser erase when you use it....Just mabye.... :D :D :D
Actually as it is now, the eraser acts just like the pen tip, you can draw with it. This is actually a nice feature since I can set the sensitivity of the eraser differently than the pen tip, that way I can switch between generally thin lines to generally thick lines by flipping the pen over.

Stephen
PixelWrangler

Post by PixelWrangler »

Stephen - what tablet are you using?
stephen

Post by stephen »

PixelWrangler wrote:Stephen - what tablet are you using?
Sorry it took so long to answer this...

I'm at work, so I dont know the actual model name, but it is a Wacom 6x8 inch tablet. It comes with a pen and a scroll mouse and it does not have any buttons on the tablet, just on the pen and the mouse.

Stephen
NerdmastaX

artpad ii

Post by NerdmastaX »

im using an artpad 2 with an eraser pen

kt-0405-r tablet
eraser single switch pen