Questions on Moho interface

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

PixelWrangler

Questions on Moho interface

Post by PixelWrangler »

I've been playing with the Moho demo and I'm clueless about two items. First, what are the red dots for next to the layer names?
Second, in the work area, what are the split/quad views used for? It seems that if I edit something in one view it changes the same in all.

Thanks
Mike
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The red dots indicate which layers are "optimized" for Flash output. For more on this, take a look at the Moho manual, Reference section, "Flash Tips".

The split views allow you to see your project from more than one point of view. For example, you might use one view to show a zoomed-out view of the entire scene, while in another view you might zoom in to work on small details like eyes. You can also view the scene from above or behind in different views if you're working on a complex 3D setup.
PixelWrangler

Post by PixelWrangler »

Fantastic! - I'll be checking out the different views - this could be very useful.

Thanks
Mike
bupaje

Re: Questions on Moho interface

Post by bupaje »

PixelWrangler wrote:Second, in the work area, what are the split/quad views used for? It seems that if I edit something in one view it changes the same in all.
Actually you may have missed the same detail I did when I first tried it -you have to select one of the windows in the split view and then assign a view to it using the Menu item Window/View Direction (not home now but pretty sure that is the title). Should be a no-brainer but for some reason didn't click when I first looked at it. :)
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

You can use those menu commands, or you can click and drag using the Workspace tools in the different viewports.