What are the system requirements for Moho?

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

PixelWrangler

What are the system requirements for Moho?

Post by PixelWrangler »

I recently downloaded the demo of Moho 5.07 and I'm having trouble with the arrangement of windows. I'm running XP Pro on my editing system with dual monitors - When I start Moho all the windows stack on top of each other and I have to resize and relocate all of them. The tool window cannot be resized at all and any popup request window takes the shape of the last active window used. If I try "Arrange" under the Window menu it expands the work area to both monitors and keeps the tool window on top that cannot be resized.

I then installed the demo on my internet connected PC running XP Home and all works well!!! - Go figure. Just wondering if anyone is experiencing similar results with XP Pro or do I need to connect to the internet and let windows XP update itself with a service pack or so?

Thanks,
Mike
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Interesting. I'm running XP Pro (1ghz PIII, 512 MB Ram, 1 monitor), and I'm not having any problems with Moho's display (or any other problem for that matter). Not sure if that helps or not.
Producing solidly ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight/
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The tool window can't be resized and is always on top of the editing window, so that's expected. However, the rest of it sounds really bizarre. When a dialog box appears, its size should not be based on the underlying window - it should be based on the controls inside it. Do the dialog boxes appear to have big blank spaces around the sides, or are the controls spaced really far apart from one another?

It sounds like it may be something to do with your graphics card driver. That's kind of a guess, but I'm not sure what else would mess with a window's size. See if you can get an updated driver for your graphics card. Do you have some unusual interface theme software installed?

Other people use Moho on dual monitors, so that in itself shouldn't be the problem, but you could try disconnecting one (or turning it off in software) and see what happens then.

(It's definitely not XP Pro. Moho runs fine on XP Pro.)
PixelWrangler

Post by PixelWrangler »

I updated the Matrox G450 drivers and it seemed to clear up the reshaping dialog boxes. And it even remembered the last window arrangement after closing the program( No reshaping or repositioning the windows) Then I clicked too many options in the Matrox setup to get the dialog box to center on one monitor instead of being split between the two and now it doesn't remember the last saved window position after exiting Moho. Each time I start the program I have to reposition and reshape all the windows. I know that there has to be one too many options in Matrox setup that I clicked on, I just have to figure out how to reset everything.

Anyway the program and forum is awesome, I'll be upgrading to the registered version after I complete more of the tutorials. I'd rather be spending time learning and being creative in Moho than dealing with computer issues.

Thanks to all,
Mike
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I tried to use the ATI Hydravision to setup multiple desktops on one monitor and place the toolboxes all on one desktop and the drawing window on another. I figured I could flip back and forth. Aside from the fact that I discovered this wasn't practical I had some minor problems resetting the Moho drawing window. When I selected Arrange: Windows it did reset them but when I opened Moho again the drawing window was resized and behind the timeline editor (resized roughly to the same size).

When I deactivated multiple desktops and redid the Arrange : Windows it was then fine. This is probably some quirk in XP I guess, maybe the desktop sizes are stored somewhere temp to speed up going from desktop to desktop? I also know that MS provides and unsupported VDM -Virtual Desktop Manager so maybe Matrox, ATI and others use this behind the scenes and there is some minor glitch in the system.

I offer this info in case it gives you any clues LM.