No Sound Playback

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

wizaerd

No Sound Playback

Post by wizaerd »

I have a WAV file, that when I double click, it plays fine. However, after importing it into Moho, and set up switch layers, there's no sound when playing or exporting the animation.

I imported the WAV file into Audacity, and re-exported it in order to tryt a different file, and I got the same results. Is there a secret I'm missing?
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Anyone?
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Which platform are you using? Is there anyway you can zip up your moho file and post it and the wav file? It might give us some clues.

jorgy
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

WinXP Pro, with SP2

As I said, I can play the WAV file external to Moho, but once I add it as a source for a Switch Layer, and playback within Moho, there's no sound at all...

http://www.wizaerd.com/hold/TalkingTest.zip
myles

Post by myles »

Ahh, I think I see the confusion.

When you use the WAV file as the Source Data file for the switch layer, it only uses it that one time to create the switch keyframes.
It doesn't load it as the soundtrack.

To hear the sound, you must also load the WAV as the soundtrack. Use the Animation menu, "Select Soundtrack ..." option. Then play it back.

Moho currently only handles sound playback by loading a single soundtrack file. Mixing sounds requires editing with a separate audio or audio/video editor, although Brian (7feet) Quinn is experimenting with a mixing script in the scripting section of the forum.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Ahhhh, now it makes sense... I didn't notice this being said under the lip synching tutorials in the Moho manual, but I could have just overlooked it... Thanx for explaining it...