Upcoming Anime Studio versions

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

slice11217 wrote: One of the things that has always frustrated me about the 2D animation industry is just how conservative it is. It took years -YEARS! before the industry got on board with using Flash, I felt as though I'd been telling producers about that one for quite some time. Now, everyone's using it.
I think that's the nature of most businesses. I don't work in animation or anything, but the tools we use are over 10 years old. The mentality is, if it works why change it?

Perhaps it will be the hobbyists that will make the producers finally take notice. I'm starting to notice that most of the half-decent amateur animations on YouTube have been done in Anime Studio. I'm hoping that these new features (the suspense is killing me as to what they are) will accelerate this process.
blacksunproject

Post by blacksunproject »

The animation industry is moving towards 2d again.
The fact that Lasseter at Pixar-Disney announced that they were going to make a strong push and investment in traditional animation some months back is evidence enough that 3d has been overused.

Also, there was an article posted on the web a couple of months back that Anime sales were up two hundred percent.

TWO HUNDRED PERCENT!

That's incredible.
I am a big fan of Anime and it has continued to improve in terms of story and animation quality.

Japanese producers have given attention to 3d but have not forgotten their 2d roots.

They continue to push 2d and have created a harmonious partnership with 2d and 3d within the same movies.

Seeing how 2d and anime continue to hold their ground and improve, I am confident that Anime Studio Pro is one of the top apps to help us creators to pursue our dreams.

Food for thought,
Gustavo Pabon
Anime Studio Pro user.
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

I'm hoping, that the long awaited version 6 will be available soon!
"and then Man created god!"
TonyPolizzi

Re: comments on update version

Post by TonyPolizzi »

Fahim wrote:Hi All,

Firstly, the updated versions will be free to all registered Anime Studio owners.

There will be 2 updated builds Anime Studio and Anime Studio Pro.

Anime Studio's render issue will be solved, we're returning that feature.

The mac version of Anime Studio Pro has a few bugs with image sequence importing, image texture and etc.

On both versions, we'll clean up the manual and try to remove inconsistencies. Both versions will also support UNICODE text (this is the major update)

Mike, will also be cleaning up some other features. As I get more info from him, I will post the list of items up here.

Regards,

Fahim
Hi, I am a new Anime Studio Pro user. I have just downloaded ver. 5.5 hoping that unicode support meant "the possibility to directly input accented characters, characters with diacritics like in many European languages and, hopefully, also the possibility to input the Chinese, Japanese and Korean characters into the Insert Text dialog", but the Insert Text dialog functionality so far does not seem to be changed compared to the ver. 5.0. Therefore, my question is: any plan to modify Insert Text dialog in the next version of AS to allow user a direct input of
accented characters and CJK characters? Thanks :P
cribble

Post by cribble »

Fahim doesn't work for AS anymore i don't think. Hunt down 'LostMarble' and PM him.

Otherwise a fix for time being is just to draw the accent in. Or use photoshop or a likewise editing program and export the text, and then import it into AS. Or Just add the text after you've finished animating (which ruins the whole idea of being able to animate text within AS).
--Scott
cribble.net
TonyPolizzi

Post by TonyPolizzi »

cribble wrote:Fahim doesn't work for AS anymore i don't think. Hunt down 'LostMarble' and PM him.

Otherwise a fix for time being is just to draw the accent in. Or use photoshop or a likewise editing program and export the text, and then import it into AS. Or Just add the text after you've finished animating (which ruins the whole idea of being able to animate text within AS).
Hi cribble,

thanks for replying. That's true, it's really a pity :( that you cannot directly add whatever kinds of font in AS.
By the way, I am asking for this function because I intend to use AS for making animation files and using them during my Japanese language lessons.
Anyway, I will try to contact 'LostMarble' as you suggested and, for the time being, I will keep to import Japanese text as AI paths :cry:.

Tony Polizzi
myles

Post by myles »

While there is no special input process provided, cut-and-paste from other sources works fine into the Insert Text box for hiragana, katakana, and kanji, and various European accents, in the few tests I've done (it doesn't always look correct in the input box, but it inserts and renders fine).

Naturally you need to use fonts capable of handling those characters (such as Arial Unicode or MS Mincho in English-language Windows), unlike many TrueType fonts.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
TonyPolizzi

Post by TonyPolizzi »

myles wrote:While there is no special input process provided, cut-and-paste from other sources works fine into the Insert Text box for hiragana, katakana, and kanji, and various European accents, in the few tests I've done (it doesn't always look correct in the input box, but it inserts and renders fine).

Naturally you need to use fonts capable of handling those characters (such as Arial Unicode or MS Mincho in English-language Windows), unlike many TrueType fonts.

Regards, Myles.
:) That's great! I did not realize that it was possible to use Cut & Paste Shortcut Alt+V also in this particular case. Thank you Myles for your precious help. I also did some tests with some of my installed fonts and the method you suggested works really fine.

Thank you again,
Tony Polizzi
ianc

Post by ianc »

Does anyone know when version 5.6 is due for release and what fixes and updates are in it? :roll: :?:
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

I just checked over on the Content Paradise Forum and someone there says that he purchased and downloaded version 5.6 today!

Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Smith Micro only offers version 5.5, for both Windows and Mac (no Linux download?). If this poster received version 5.6, it probably was a mistake.
carlosmjr

Post by carlosmjr »

CHIO

Post by CHIO »

Yes. :D
cableon

Post by cableon »

Would it by chance be possible to upgrade from a English version to a French one ? :roll:
DAWK

AS OF YET,CAN'T EVEN ACCESS THE SITE TO ACTUALLY BUY 'PRO'

Post by DAWK »

TYPING IN ALL CAPS,MY HANDS ARE LAME; JUST JOINED THIS VERY FUN-INTRESTING SITE,AND AM EAGER TO USE THIS ANIMATION SOFTWARE,BUT...WHEN I TRY TO ORDER THE PRO-5 SOFTWARE VERSION,AM CUT-OFF. THE OBVIOUS REASON? MY ADRESS IS AT A RURAL ROUTE MOBILE HOME PARK ON THE COLORADO RIVER NEAR EARP CALIFORNIA,AND WE HAVE OUR OWN IN-PARK POST OFFICE,ISOLATED IN THE DESERT,LIKE WE ARE,BUT ups- fed-x FIND US AND DELIVER,SO IT IS A LEGIT-ADDY,AND EVEN ON MY CREDIT CARD-SAME BUT THE SITE SET THINKS IT IS 'BOGUS'? THIS PRO 5 VERSION IS ON SALE AND DO NOT WANT TO MISS GETTING STARTED ,SO IF 'FAHIM' OR ANYONE ELSE CAN CONTACT THE SALES FOLKS,AND LET THEM KNOW,I'D APPRECIATE IT. MY ACTUAL MAILING ADDRESS IS ;
Dale Mc Farlane
HC 20 Box 75
Earp California

MY 'toon-handle' , is "DAWK"
am an grapphic artist,developing a toon concept 'actual gemstone cartoons' using gems-minerals-fossils via photo collaged into adobe photoshop 7,for art images-cartoon cells-animation-books comics-games etc.