Upcoming Anime Studio versions

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Sorry, folks. Although the bug-fix update was finished months ago, it seems that it never got uploaded. At this point we're going to wait until the "Siggraph version" is done and upload that, rather than do two updates so close together.

I know that this is frustrating (it is for me too), and there's nothing else I can say besides, "I'm sorry".

When we get to the handoff for this next update, I'll make sure that after I hand over the installers, they make it to the actual website, and in a place that is easy to find (I'll post a direct link here on the forum too).

-Mike
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks Mike ;)

No worries. We understand you're keeping up your part of the deal. Kind of liked it better when Moho was still Moho and you were more a part of it...Anyways. I'm still using Moho. Recently won Anime Studio 5.5, but my Moho still works like a charm and I don't really need all the extra frills like 3D characters, etc...

Thanks again. I look forward to seeing what's cooking in the next release ;)
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Cool, that'd be awesome. Thanks! I look forward to seeing the update. Hope all goes well at SIGGRAPH. Wish I could be there this year.
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Mikdog wrote:Thanks Mike ;)
Kind of liked it better when Moho was still Moho and you were more a part of it...Anyways.
I agree. Let's just hope they can keep up in the future. :wink:
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Thanks Mike.

Just one thing. Could the option to check for a new version actually POINT to it? and if a new version wasn't available, could it display this? I know it's probably the folks at E-frontier but i would help.
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

Well, the first day of SIGGRAPH 07 is over, and the only announcement from e-frontier is for the upcoming Poser Pro. Hopefully, the AS 6 upgrade will be next in line... please :-)
blacksunproject

Post by blacksunproject »

Looking forward to it.
This is a great app.
Super ease of use.

Especially being able to use "bones" in a 2d space.

Cheers,
Gustavo
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

Were you there Dazza, or are you finding this info on the web?

At any rate, keep us posted :)
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Ho ho ho, yeah, keep us posted there chum!
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Yes, bones for 2D at these low prices is wonderful indeed.
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

We've been talking to some individual members of the press about the new features, but as far as I know there isn't a press release planned right now. I've also given some demos to a few users, but so far there hasn't been much buzz here at Siggraph. Once the show is over, hopefully I'll be able to give some details and show some examples of the new stuff here on the forum.
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

Thanks for that. It's all over on Friday, I think I can wait that long :)
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Lost Marble wrote:We've been talking to some individual members of the press about the new features, but as far as I know there isn't a press release planned right now. I've also given some demos to a few users, but so far there hasn't been much buzz here at Siggraph. Once the show is over, hopefully I'll be able to give some details and show some examples of the new stuff here on the forum.
That sucks that there wasn't more interest. There's always next year, I guess.

Build it and they will come!

:shock:
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

Rudiger wrote:
Lost Marble wrote:We've been talking to some individual members of the press about the new features, but as far as I know there isn't a press release planned right now. I've also given some demos to a few users, but so far there hasn't been much buzz here at Siggraph. Once the show is over, hopefully I'll be able to give some details and show some examples of the new stuff here on the forum.

One of the things that has always frustrated me about the 2D animation industry is just how conservative it is. It took years -YEARS! before the industry got on board with using Flash, I felt as though I'd been telling producers about that one for quite some time. Now, everyone's using it.

-Same thing was true with using After Effects instead of the more expensive softwares like Linker System's Animation Stand, or Toonz, or some of the other 'also rans'. For some reason, all my producers and executive producers couldn't shell out enough money to buy these things and they weren't about to listen to some compositor tell them that they could pay a quarter as much for After Effects. They tend to play their game a little too safely.

They'll come around to Anime Studio. They need to see more material created with AS first. If 'La Reine Soleil' were being released in the U.S., that would help, but since only a half hour was done with AS, it might take more media to convince them.
cribble

Post by cribble »

slice11217 wrote:
Rudiger wrote:

One of the things that has always frustrated me about the 2D animation industry is just how conservative it is. It took years -YEARS! before the industry got on board with using Flash, I felt as though I'd been telling producers about that one for quite some time. Now, everyone's using it.

-Same thing was true with using After Effects instead of the more expensive softwares like Linker System's Animation Stand, or Toonz, or some of the other 'also rans'. For some reason, all my producers and executive producers couldn't shell out enough money to buy these things and they weren't about to listen to some compositor tell them that they could pay a quarter as much for After Effects. They tend to play their game a little too safely.

They'll come around to Anime Studio. They need to see more material created with AS first. If 'La Reine Soleil' were being released in the U.S., that would help, but since only a half hour was done with AS, it might take more media to convince them.
Well... they're a bit silly then :lol:

Sounds like a web company my friend works for. They don't use CSS to build websites, but they don't realise they could save money, and time (in the long run) and make websites more accessible. It's just stupid, you'd think they would save themselves the hassle and money... oh well..

We're going way off topic aren't we?!
--Scott
cribble.net