Upcoming Anime Studio versions

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

scunge

Post by scunge »

Vern,
How exactly did you get the 5.5 Mac version? I bought from e Frontier's web store and the 5.4 version is what I continue to download regardless of what link I am given.

What other places sell ASP? Is this 5.5 version available on disc only? This shouldn't be so difficult for a user to download the latest update for a program that he just bought 6 weeks ago, but apparently it is.

-Mark
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

I am not sure about the mac version but can you check the buld and version from the "HELP" menu in the application itself?
it should have an "about Anime Studio..."
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

I mean while the program is actually running. in the toolbar, the option 'help'
cribble

Post by cribble »

Well the updated Version for me is:

5.5 Build 20060829p

It still doesn't open saved projects from the file itself... you still have to open AS before you can open your saved AS projects. :cry:
--Scott
cribble.net
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

cribble wrote:Well the updated Version for me is:

5.5 Build 20060829p

It still doesn't open saved projects from the file itself... you still have to open AS before you can open your saved AS projects. :cry:
Are you using Vista by any chance?
Genete

Post by Genete »

Sorry but I think none of you have an updated version of AS 5.5
I have the following version:
(Notice that I have deleted the serial number so beware of share this capture of the "about Anime Studio..." screen of your own registered copy of AS.)

So it seems that the updated version of linux is not ported yet to the rest of platforms...
The 5.5 build 20060929p version is mainly the just clone version of the Moho one. I have the same build version on the first copy I received when started to be a Beta tester of Anime Studio Pro for linux. The last copy I received was the candidate release previous to the launch and it is the same build number that the one of the current AS copy I own (the shown in the picture).
I have noticed some changes in the behavior of the interface: for example in linux there were a bug when you minimize the main window. Now it is corrected.

Is the 20060929 to 20070419 update not done yet? :(

-G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

scunge wrote:Vern,
How exactly did you get the 5.5 Mac version? I bought from e Frontier's web store and the 5.4 version is what I continue to download regardless of what link I am given.

What other places sell ASP? Is this 5.5 version available on disc only? This shouldn't be so difficult for a user to download the latest update for a program that he just bought 6 weeks ago, but apparently it is.

-Mark
I think... and this is just a theory...

I think that efrontier actually puts a link to a file for each customer at the time of purchase. When you go back to download the software from your area on content paradise you keep downloading the same version whether or not a newer one exists.

When you got AS that was the version you were given a link to. A newer one exists but they won't update your download link on content paradise... if that is what you are doing.

-vern
scunge

Post by scunge »

Well, the version I have, whatever that may be, still has the various bugs, can't use the bone audio wiggle to select a sound file, etc.

This build 2006929, does that mean September 29, 2006? How can that possibly have any fixes to the known bugs? I could believe a build of 20070419 (April 19, 2007??) might have the bugs fixed but I tend to agree with Genete that the Mac version isn't available yet.

Or is it?

Mark (very confused) :?
cribble

Post by cribble »

Patmals wrote:
cribble wrote:Well the updated Version for me is:

5.5 Build 20060829p

Are you using Vista by any chance?
No, mac intel.
--Scott
cribble.net
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

scunge wrote:Well, the version I have, whatever that may be, still has the various bugs, can't use the bone audio wiggle to select a sound file, etc.?
Thanks for testing that bone wiggle script, scunge. You saved me some time that I really need right now. I appreciate that.
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hmm, it seems as though the downloads on e frontier's site are old. There is a new version, but I'm going to have to track it down. I'll let you know when I figure out where they uploaded it. (And they should really have just one download that always points to the latest build.)

-Mike
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Cool!
Look forward to seeing what's been added/updated! ;)
cribble

Post by cribble »

Sort 'em out mike :lol:
--Scott
cribble.net
kevin

Post by kevin »

You know what would be good, if you could just click the "Check for Updates" link in the Help menu and, rather than dropping you onto the Animation Studio front page, the link took you to the update. That would be good.
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

kevin wrote:You know what would be good, if you could just click the "Check for Updates" link in the Help menu and, rather than dropping you onto the Animation Studio front page, the link took you to the update. That would be good.
Yeah, I agree. It's so cheesy and greedy to send you to their front page... as if you really would say to yourself, "Wow, while I'm looking for that update I need, I've got time and money to spare and I just can't wait to see what other goodies you want to sell me!" Sheesh. Meanwhile, the update can't be found. That just looks greedy.
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9