encoding

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

J. Baker

encoding

Post by J. Baker »

I moved this topic here because we kind of high-jacked gnat's topic.
AllenC wrote: I see. Also, I noticed it was a DivX5 .avi, did you encode to DivX after you made it? The video came out very clear at 640x480, what was the screen resolution used to create the original? The file size is certainly acceptable.

I only ask because I used Camstudio to create 3 tutorials for a friend/client a few weeks ago. I used the SWF Producer after.

I was thinking of making some tutorials for Anime Studio as I learned more about it, but you and Steve Ryan seem to be ahead of me there. How many Moho/Anime Studio tutorials have you produced so far?

TIA,
AllenC
I still had the original avi that was produced with the CamCodec compression.

I captured it in CamStudio at 800x600. Then I resized it in VirtualDub to 640x480 using the resize filter (Precise Bicubic 0.75). I change the framerate to 10fps. The video compression was set to 245kbps using Divx. I did a 1st pass then two Nth passes. The audio was converted to MPEG Layer-3 40kBit/s, 22,050 khz, Stereo.

This was my first tutorial for Moho/AnimeStudio. I plan to make more and look forward to seeing yours. :wink:

EDIT:

I used CamCodec and not Lagarith like I thought.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Here's my process settings vcf file for VirtualDub. Just load it from the file menu. It should be already setup for Divx Pro.
DOWNLOAD VCF FILE

Just create your video file with "multipass 1st" then overwrite it twice with "multipass Nth" using the Divx compression.
AllenC

Thanks

Post by AllenC »

J.Baker,

Thanks much sharing the info!

I did far less, tech-wise, in the tutorials I recently made (not Moho tuts) in that I just used Camstudio to cap the AVI and then converted to FLASH with SWF Producer.

I was impressed with the quality of yours, thanks again for sharing and I'll run through that process as well.

As for me creating Moho/Anime Tutorials, well, I'm still learning the basics here. But if I see anything that needs explaining that has yet to be made into a tutorial I'll certainly jump in and help out!

AllenC
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

No problem! I'm still learning myself. ;)

I plan on experimenting with particles. Those are always fun to play with. :D

Also, that VCF file is set for a seperate WAV file. Just change it back to source in the Interleaving settings. My audio was out of sync just a bit. Had to extract the audio then reimport it and give it a delay to fix it. Just in case you were wondering.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

I have been encoding avi to flv using Riva Encoder 2 - the lite version is free download. I use the flv directly in Flash or use Flowplayer as a standalone palyer on a webpage.

There is a link to some liveaction using this techniquehere.

What is impressive about Riva is the astonishing compression rations - I am seeing 1000:1 conversions, 1 Gig files reduced to 1 meg. The current animation project I have at work is being converted to flv, then circulated around for preview/review on CD's. The reason is a simple one - all the machines have flash enabled browsers - In the past, not everyone has QT installed and the guys with MAC's hated the avi's ... now the flash video system keeps them all happy.

Hope this info helps.

Rhoel