Rendering

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toshiyori

Rendering

Post by toshiyori »

Rendering during a character creation to see how it looks, does this cause any problems ?
Also, what is the shortcut for rendering ?
JimmyC

Re: Rendering

Post by JimmyC »

The hotkey for rendering is Ctrl+R and you will get a render of the size that you set in your File > Project Settings.

I can't see how it would cause any problems by doing a test render, I do it all the time :)
toshiyori

Post by toshiyori »

Is there a recommended project settings for character creation ? I have looked for this and found too many variables. So, I am using the default.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

About Project Settings: It depends on your intended output device or project requirement. I just use whatever the production's settings need to be, usually 720p or 1080p, since that's how it's ultimately going to be viewed anyway.

Sometimes I'll use double-res and scale down in post (After Effects or Fusion) to hammer out aliasing problems I may find.

Or I may render higher-res if the image is for print or if I need a hi-res texture for another program, like a 'card' in a 3D program. Exactly how much depends on your goal.

Framerate for animation is typically 24fps but it can be lower or higher depending on the requirements of the production (is the animation for a game, does it need to match the framerate of live video footage, etc., ?) Normally you want anti-aliasing enabled but maybe not if you intend to apply AA in another program or if you're going for a trendy 8-bit look.

If you're unsure, I would just stick with 720p and 24fps and leave AA enabled. Leave everything else in the window off unless you have a reason to turn it on.

For testing purposes, it's whatever you need it to be. Some users may use half-res just to speed up the renders; others may use double-res so they can see the details. Personally, I just leave it a the production's res--you can always zoom-in/out in the render view and reset the view when you need to.

Or you can keyframe the camera at different views on other frames. Also, remember we now have a mute switch in the timeline so you can toggle between different views by muting the camera or a group layer that's been transformed.