Not happy.

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

perihelion74

Not happy.

Post by perihelion74 »

Hi!

I know most of you probably are quite tired of complaints about the current upgrade price. But...

I just have to say this. I really wanted to upgrade this time. I'm still at version 10 of Anime Studio. I didnt think there was enough new stuff last time that motivated me into upgrading to version 11. I still think frame by frame animation should have been included in version 1.... To tell you the truth I wasnt convinced into upgrading this time as well, because I didnt think the new stuff from version 11+12 were enough to motivate the upgrade price of 269USD.

Anyway... This evening I thought, "What the hey... I'll pay for the upgrade". So I entered my serial number, filled in my Paypal information and when I got to the stage where I was to click the "Pay" button, the price was now even higher. A LOT higher. No, I didnt choose to get the extended download service (what a shitty thing to charge for) and I didn't choose any of the "bonus content" (who the hell use that??). Just the upgrade. Nothing else.
I live in Sweden, so I guess some sort of tax was added. No mention of this anywhere whatsoever I might add. It just got tacked onto the price in the final stage. The swedish price for the upgrade converts to... [insert drumroll] 349USD!!!! All I have to say is "You got to be kidding me!!!" 2959 Swedish kronor. Now THAT is not the way to treat customers.

Looks like version 10 is the final version I'm using of Anime Stu.... Moho.

Sorry for the rant but this really pissed me off. And now, I have to lie down for a while...

PS
Pardon my piss poor english and spelling.

/M
synthsin75

Re: Not happy.

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like a Swedish tax...you might want to take that up with your own gov't.
Last edited by synthsin75 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
perihelion74

Post by perihelion74 »

synthsin75 wrote:Sounds like a Swedish tax...you might want to take that up with your own gov't.
Haha, yeah probably. But still not happy. ;-)

Price could have said "plus taxes"?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Could have been added through PayPal, so SM wouldn't have known the details.