My Apology

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Markster

My Apology

Post by Markster »

Hey guys, it's Mark. Two years ago, I made a really stupid topic, I was 16 years old and very immature, where I told people I upgraded to Pro 9.5 from Pro 8 when Pro 10 was out because of a deal I found on it. It started a controversy because I didn't understand anything about how hard software development was, the only thing I really scripted was some GameMaker games, and a slight bit of C++ as well. Like I said, I was 16, I'm almost 19 and I've grown up a lot. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about the whole price argument, I didn't know any better, and I contradicted myself a lot. Everyone makes mistakes, and today, I know Anime Studio Pro very well. I've learned all the tips and tricks and I've learned my lesson. I'm sorry for offending you awesome programmers, I was just very misunderstood about software prices.

I absolutely love Anime Studio Pro, it is the best animation software I have ever used! I have been working in it all week. (sorry, I deleted my animation from YouTube because of a little problem with the video)

My respect and apology, Mark.
Last edited by Markster on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slowtiger

Re: My Apology

Post by slowtiger »

Kudos to you. It needs big balls to come back with an apology, and you did it gracefully.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Welcome back! :)
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I have been using since Moho. And the truth is I don't remember any thread. ASP been attacked in the past for pricing structure. But I like the way the current setup is. Each release has some new cool features that the last one doesn't have. You have the choice of upgrading or not. The program works on your machine until you find yourself upgrading the OS and-or going to a newer machine. If your really poor, you can always find an older cheaper version and upgrade latter.

Currently some animation software has gone the way of a subscription, where you pay for it monthly. I and a few others hate subscription software. My reasons are that the software owners has little incentive to improve the software. The time it takes to learn animation and get good at it can take years, so you end up paying even more that buying it out right. And last thing is all your work is pretty much useless, because you can't work with the files that only work with the software.

Oh ya. Welcome back.

Dale
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thank you for the message and welcome back :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel