ASP is Worst Animation Software Ever

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

HardikLakhalani

ASP is Worst Animation Software Ever

Post by HardikLakhalani »

ASP is Worst Animation Software Ever.
Every Tools Lacks of Everything. There is Keying tool but no "Tolerance" parameter. Each Path Points Keyframing Crap :evil: and Lot other
Thank God, I didn't buy this. :|
dkwroot

Re: ASP is Worst Animation Software Ever

Post by dkwroot »

slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

There's two kinds of people:

those who can animate (with whatever tool)

and those who can't, no matter how much assistence they get.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

HardikLakhalani wrote:ASP is Worst Animation Software Ever.
Every Tools Lacks of Everything. There is Keying tool but no "Tolerance" parameter. Each Path Points Keyframing Crap :evil: and Lot other
You seem to be having some sort of psychotic episode. Thank you for sharing...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Hey now Hardik :( ... Turn that frown upside down :D

You've only been around for a couple of months and it takes a little more time to get a grasp of any new software. I've seen some screen shots of your work and it looks like AS is perfect to animate it. If I may also add, it looks like there's more and more people coming over to AS from other animation programs all the time, so maybe they have found something in AS that they didn't in the other software.

Sometimes you just have to step away from the computer for a couple of days and then try again when you're refreshed. Hang in there, go skydiving or something this weekend and then tackle it again on Monday.
Adam
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Well, considering most that is pure gibberish, you obviously haven't bothered to learn enough about AS to make any kind of serious evaluation. By "Keying", do you mean something like chroma keying? I'm not sure what other kind of keying would need a tolerance. If you do mean chroma keying, the AS tool allows you to determine tolerance by dragging the tool interactively. Simply stop dragging when you reach the desired effect. Absolutely no idea what "Each Path Points Keyframing Crap" might mean. Do you have a problem with point motion animation? If so, don't use it.

But I agree. Thank God you didn't buy it. Otherwise we'd be pestered with newbie questions from someone who couldn't be bothered to try themselves. Good riddance.
HardikLakhalani

I am not trolling. This software seriously have lots of Bugs, Lacks of options (like somebody gave us Fire extinguisher WITHOUT Nozzle, So we can Hit it on our head for easily dying then burning). And Bug Reporting Webpage Requires "Serial" which I do not have.

By "Each Path Points Keyframing Crap" means Each and Every point NEED ITS OWN keyframe at Every Frame. Try Roto type animation once, you will feel my pain.

Keying Tool means "Image Masking Tool" (without controls)

Layer Management is Really requires Time.

By the way, I am using(kind of Struggling) Anime Studio for last 4 Months. And I am Doing 'Paying' job in a studio. So there is No Escape :(

I am really Sorry If Anybody got Stung by Truth.
HardikLakhalani

drumlug13 wrote:I've seen some screen shots of your work
Where? I never uploaded any!
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

This was your topic, I assumed it was your work. I was trying to be nice and encourage you because it sounds like you were having a really bad day.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28724&p=162264#p162264
Adam
HardikLakhalani

drumlug13 wrote:This was your topic, I assumed it was your work. I was trying to be nice and encourage you because it sounds like you were having a really bad day.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28724&p=162264#p162264
Oh (I know you trying to Encourage Thanks), But That was not my work, I was explaining Situation/Scenerio by Screenshot i found on net. And I am really having bad time. I was thinking about Moving all my Rigged Characters to another software but It seems impossible. So eventually I am Trying to be Comfortable In ASP.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Good animation is hard work and takes a lot of time. Most people seem to forget or ignore this. No matter which tools you use, whether you animate on paper or in CGI, it takes time to learn, and it takes time to produce. I'm animating for about 40 years now, and still I have days where progress is slow or just nothing seems to work at all.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

HardikLakhalani wrote:I am not trolling. This software seriously have lots of Bugs, Lacks of options (like somebody gave us Fire extinguisher WITHOUT Nozzle, So we can Hit it on our head for easily dying then burning). And Bug Reporting Webpage Requires "Serial" which I do not have.

By "Each Path Points Keyframing Crap" means Each and Every point NEED ITS OWN keyframe at Every Frame. Try Roto type animation once, you will feel my pain.

Keying Tool means "Image Masking Tool" (without controls)

Layer Management is Really requires Time.

By the way, I am using(kind of Struggling) Anime Studio for last 4 Months. And I am Doing 'Paying' job in a studio. So there is No Escape :(

I am really Sorry If Anybody got Stung by Truth.
1. AS is not meant for an optimized rotoscoping workflow. You are obviously using the wrong tool for what you want, or simply lack the patience for rotoscoping (which has always been done frame by frame traditionally).
2. The Image Masking tool is interactive. If you don't like that, remove your backgrounds in an image editor. This is an 'extra' feature in AS, and one you would only expect to find in much more expensive software.
3. It is beyond naive to try doing paid work in a new software.

So, how have you used AS for 4 months without a serial number? Did the paying studio provide it? Did you have to lie to them about knowing how to use AS to get that job? If you were using a trial of AS, that only lasts a month (not 4), then you would have a serial number. So did you pirate the software?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

to help you with submitting bug reports: you can get your serial number from:

Help / About Anime Studio

then look at the bottom of the splash screen to the right of "Version xx Build nnnnn ..."
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. What software are you coming from? I would love to compare it to ASP.

By the way I'm very good at using ASP. I have had the program since MOHO. If you want to complain that the software is extremely hard to learn, you wont find very many that will disagree with you. Other than ToonBoom (the pro versions and not the crap 'studio' version) nothing currently is in the same class for 2D rig animation.

Dale
HardikLakhalani

hayasidist wrote:to help you with submitting bug reports: you can get your serial number from:

Help / About Anime Studio

then look at the bottom of the splash screen to the right of "Version xx Build nnnnn ..."
Got it.