Earthquake Strikes Off Chile's Coast

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neeters_guy

Earthquake Strikes Off Chile's Coast

Post by neeters_guy »

(CNN; updated 9:35 AM EDT, Wed April 2, 2014) -- A mighty 8.2-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of northern Chile late Tuesday, triggering small landslides, cutting power and generating a tsunami.

The quake struck about 8:46 p.m. local time, some 60 miles northwest of Iquique. It had a depth of 12.5 miles, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
Hope Selgin and other forum members from Chile are doing okay. :cry:
Danimal

Re: Earthquake Strikes Off Chile's Coast

Post by Danimal »

neeters_guy wrote:Hope Selgin and other forum members from Chile are doing okay. :cry:
:shock:

Agreed, hopefully someone can check in and let us know...
~Danimal
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thank you very much, guys. I'm fine. The earthquake was in the northern part of my thin country (I'm in Santiago, closer to the half). I don't have too much information right now, but it seems it wasn't so rude as the last earthquake of 2010. Of course it's a tragedy, but there were a lot of smaller earthquakes this weeks, so people were expecting a bigger one any time soon. And the evacuation for an eventual tsunami worked well.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

No Victor, thank YOU for the update. We're certainly all glad you're OK and hope everything stays that way.
~Danimal
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Glad you're alright :) We've got family and friends over there too... thoughts are with you earthquake-buddy