any adivse from the wise

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rhythm_dj

any adivse from the wise

Post by rhythm_dj »

Do any uk based members work in, teach or are studying animation? if yes, i would greatly appreciate any advise on where would be recomended to study animation.

Animation is a part of my life that I would like to develop through a proffesional carrear and any general advise form anyone (Uk or not) would be helpful.

thanks
cribble

Post by cribble »

Theres a few course going around my area (cornwall). Redruth has an animation - 2D being its main priority. You do traditional, cell, frame by frame, aswell as computer aided animations like for the web etc. I also think theres a 3D element in the course somewhere, i'm not sure, but there is a course for 3D anyway. I think its a 3 year course.
Theres also Falmouth Arts college aswell which, somewhere, does animation (hopefully).

Just to let you know i'm not studying animation because of my age (i need to be 18+ to do the course i want to do)
--Scott
cribble.net
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

If you are interested in traditional animation, try to have a look around Norwich if you get the chance -- they have a good reputation, and some good visiting lecturers. If you are interested in CGI stuuf, then Falmouth Art Schoopl is a lot closer to you!

That's my two pennies -- hope it helps...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?