Creating interactive children's ebooks

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

@bigbad -- in case if you hadn't seen it: viewtopic.php?t=21055&start=6 links to a webinar recording that gives a pretty balanced comparison of Flash (CS5) and AS (Pro8.1) which - no real surprise - comes down in favour of AS. this is not a comparison of SWF to other output formats -- just the tool you use to create the animation.

also (free to attend - all you have to do is get to London! :wink: ) http://publishing-expo.co.uk/. there's one (free) seminar that you might find useful
Apps vs E-Books vs HTML5
... which is the best long-term app strategy, and where do e-books fit in?
cocoOS

Re: Creating interactive children's ebooks

Post by cocoOS »

maybe you must give a look to iBooks, this look great, you can include avi files..so you could make the animation in AE and include this in the book like a video, I think I going to use this in a near future...maybe I do a children book too) :D :D

http://www.apple.com/ibooks-author/
zmcmay

Post by zmcmay »

I have ever made an interactive page turning ebook with this flip book creator for mac tool. I notice that the output flipbooks have realistic page turn, so it brings a great fun during reading.
merryflip

Post by merryflip »

cocoOS wrote:maybe you must give a look to iBooks, this look great, you can include avi files..so you could make the animation in AE and include this in the book like a video, I think I going to use this in a near future...maybe I do a children book too) :D :D

well, nice topic, you may use xFlip flip book software is one wonderful flipbook maker to create an interactive document or impressive digital flash flip book in seconds, which can be embedded with videos, pictures, and other multimedia features.
well, nice for your sharing, the topic is really very meaningful!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I would suggest another Smith Micro product It's called Motion Artist. This program can export to video, but the really best thing is the HTMLS animation export with interactive elements and animation. I think they are marketing it towards "interactive comics" but it could be used for anything. A lot of app development uses HTML5. This is a pretty new application but I think the future is very bright. It's worth a look anyway.