Aljazeera english documentary about Chilean protests

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Aljazeera english documentary about Chilean protests

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, I have wrote before about the protests we are living here in Chile for a better education.
Aljazeera English made a short documentary explaining the reasons and who is who in this conflict. I just watched it and, as journalist, student and part of this movement, I ask you to watch it too, it's important for us people in the world know what is going on in this corner of the world.
Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4tPw5ND7M
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

The same thing is happening here, but it at the college level.

Short one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0xzpsQEW_I

Long video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZtX32s ... 74&kw=scam

by the way, nothing is free. Someone has to pay for the thing you think is free. I have no children and pay school tax on the home I own.

Dale
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

dueyftw wrote:by the way, nothing is free. Someone has to pay for the thing you think is free. I have no children and pay school tax on the home I own.
Thanks, Dueyftw, I'll check the links.
Of course nothing is free, we are not asking for a magic free education, we are asking that the country money be used on education, we are asking that rich people and huge corporations pay decent taxes. I invite you to watch the documentary, we are not deluded people fighting for chimeras, we only are asking for a fair distribution and for the end of a model imposed under a dictatorship.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Of course nothing is free, we are not asking for a magic free education, we are asking that the country money be used on education, we are asking that rich people and huge corporations pay decent taxes. I invite you to watch the documentary, we are not deluded people fighting for chimeras, we only are asking for a fair distribution and for the end of a model imposed under a dictatorship.
So why doesn't someone start a school that is nonprofit? We have collages that pay teachers, administrators, school upkeep etc. that are nonprofit. Meaning only the cost of running the school is passed to the students.

Are public schools ( k through 12) are paid for by land tax. The nicer the home the more tax you pay. Every building is tax according to it's market value with a few exceptions, religious and government. It's not a completely fair system because a rich person could live in a shack or someone who income has declined but still has a nice home is not paying a fair share. Still it's better than other systems.

Dale