anyway to make money with animation?

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mykim

anyway to make money with animation?

Post by mykim »

At first i thought of uploading my animations to youtube to earn some money, but it's not working out. Even though im approved for revenue sharing, youtube is not putting ads on my videos.

Is there another way earn money with my videos? I also tried atomfilms and break.com but im not sure how good they are.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Fan base my friend. Get on Facebook and make friends, sell your self in a professional manor, meaning going to animation forums, chat sites, etc. Find other people that are interested in animations via all the social media sites and get to know them; always link your video site with your sig but don't spam.

I watched your videos, not bad character design, but the animation could use some work; head moves etc. The audio needs to be improved allot; noise removal, add ambiance.

You also are way to low on subscribers for YouTube to pay you for views. Like I said above, reach out to others that are interested in the same things as you and friend them, subscribe to them.

I do not mean to be harsh or rude, just helpful.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
mykim

Post by mykim »

thanks for the feedback. yeah its rough because it was my first try. My sound equipment is not optimal. What do most people use to record? I only got my webcam and a headset.

Im probably not going to stick with youtube. They are giving me a hard time by not putting ads on my videos anyway. I do some work on fiverr.com right now but i do not get much exposure there.

I was just wondering if there was something similar to youtube where videos can be monetized
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Never use a built in mic, a 9 dollar logitech from walmart is better than any built in mic. Just toss some foam over the mic. I use some expensive stuff but you can do good with just a cheep mic(not the one that comes with the camera.) You need one that plugs into your computer. For editing nothing beats audacity for free.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
neeters_guy

Re: anyway to make money with animation?

Post by neeters_guy »

mykim wrote:...Even though im approved for revenue sharing, youtube is not putting ads on my videos.
Just to be sure, after you linked your adsense account to your youtube account, did you enable monetization on the video as well?
mykim

Re: anyway to make money with animation?

Post by mykim »

neeters_guy wrote:
mykim wrote:...Even though im approved for revenue sharing, youtube is not putting ads on my videos.
Just to be sure, after you linked your adsense account to your youtube account, did you enable monetization on the video as well?
Yes, i did that manually for some of my videos. No ads. I think youtube hates me
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

mykim wrote:thanks for the feedback. yeah its rough because it was my first try. My sound equipment is not optimal. What do most people use to record? I only got my webcam and a headset.

Im probably not going to stick with youtube. They are giving me a hard time by not putting ads on my videos anyway. I do some work on fiverr.com right now but i do not get much exposure there.

I was just wondering if there was something similar to youtube where videos can be monetized
Your first try, and you expect to start earning money on it? People have studied and been practicing animation for years before attempting to market themselves as an animator. You really can;t expect to earn money off it from only a single first try, can you?
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Also, I wonder if youtube doesnt advertise with users who respond to their comments with "you obviously dont have a sense of humor fa**ot" and "You mad? you mad that your country sucks g*y dick?" - why would anyone advertise with a person like that?

...aside from which, as wizaerd said, the animation quality isn't great, and the audio isn't great by your own admission... plus, assuming the subject of the video I saw is something to do with big brother in the UK, there was nothing entertaining about the video (possibly through lack of context)

You now have two choices. either you listen to this sensible advice and come back with humility, or you turn into a flaming homophobe and come on the offensive.

Sadly, I expect little more than the latter, but hope to be surprised.
mykim

Post by mykim »

funksmaname wrote:Also, I wonder if youtube doesnt advertise with users who respond to their comments with "you obviously dont have a sense of humor fa**ot" and "You mad? you mad that your country sucks g*y dick?" - why would anyone advertise with a person like that?

...aside from which, as wizaerd said, the animation quality isn't great, and the audio isn't great by your own admission... plus, assuming the subject of the video I saw is something to do with big brother in the UK, there was nothing entertaining about the video (possibly through lack of context)

You now have two choices. either you listen to this sensible advice and come back with humility, or you turn into a flaming homophobe and come on the offensive.

Sadly, I expect little more than the latter, but hope to be surprised.
Im not homophobic but i hate idiotic comments on youtube so i call such people, "f@ggots" if you did not find the video entertaining thats your probably british humor.
people from the USA tend to find my video funny. I dont like your judgemental tone.

I seriously doubt youtube cares about what i say in my comments. Youtube is pretty awful in general. It took forever for my adsense account to even get linked when is is supposed to only take 48 hours at most.

wizaerd wrote:
mykim wrote:thanks for the feedback. yeah its rough because it was my first try. My sound equipment is not optimal. What do most people use to record? I only got my webcam and a headset.

Your first try, and you expect to start earning money on it? People have studied and been practicing animation for years before attempting to market themselves as an animator. You really can;t expect to earn money off it from only a single first try, can you?
i was just hoping for youtube to put up ads on my videos, so i actually have some incentive to make more. If ads are up, some people may click and I earn money. Simple as that. Thats the way youtube works. You dont need an amazing animation to make money. I've seen plenty of crappy videos with ads on them. You obviously dont know how youtube revenue sharing works
cucumihai

Post by cucumihai »

Indeed, the content doesn't really matter in order for them to put ads or not but it does matter what kind of ads they put.
I have some experience with adsense because i used to earn money from my website but i quit that to come to youtube and as you, i also want to be successful on youtube but you have to do it right and have patience.
You can do a lot with free stuff, i do most of my sound effects with my headset micrphone so it doesn't matter as long as it turns out good.
There are many good animators on youtube and they already have their fan base but if you work more on your animations (improve everything little by little)you have big chances you'll attract some of that fan base.
Also, if you don't like youtube that much you can easily make your own website and try to ge it popular so you can have our own fan base.
mykim

Post by mykim »

cucumihai wrote:Indeed, the content doesn't really matter in order for them to put ads or not but it does matter what kind of ads they put.
I have some experience with adsense because i used to earn money from my website but i quit that to come to youtube and as you, i also want to be successful on youtube but you have to do it right and have patience.
You can do a lot with free stuff, i do most of my sound effects with my headset micrphone so it doesn't matter as long as it turns out good.
There are many good animators on youtube and they already have their fan base but if you work more on your animations (improve everything little by little)you have big chances you'll attract some of that fan base.
Also, if you don't like youtube that much you can easily make your own website and try to ge it popular so you can have our own fan base.
yeah i thought about making my own website, but getting traffic seems to be a pain. If only traffic and SEO wasn't so hard.

I just tried requesting ads on my other youtube account, just to see if they put up ads or not.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

mykim wrote:yeah i thought about making my own website, but getting traffic seems to be a pain. If only traffic and SEO wasn't so hard.

I just tried requesting ads on my other youtube account, just to see if they put up ads or not.
Hmm, just so you know, the Internet is about the most competitive place to make money, even more so if you want to make a living out of it.

Getting traffic is about the only way to get it done, so if you find it too hard, I respectfully suggest you seek another line of work.

Takes months if not years to start any type of successful business, so my advice is to look around and see what is working, work around it and apply that new knowledge to something you feel comfortable with, then roll up your sleeve and work your butt off.

Look at sites like jibjab.com or http://www.tac.tv/index.php, they did not become working and profitable websites over night!

My two cents!
mykim

Post by mykim »

GCharb wrote:
mykim wrote:yeah i thought about making my own website, but getting traffic seems to be a pain. If only traffic and SEO wasn't so hard.

Hmm, just so you know, the Internet is about the most competitive place to make money, even more so if you want to make a living out of it.

Getting traffic is about the only way to get it done, so if you find it too hard, I respectfully suggest you seek another line of work.

Takes months if not years to start any type of successful business, so my advice is to look around and see what is working, work around it and apply that new knowledge to something you feel comfortable with, then roll up your sleeve and work your butt off.

Look at sites like jibjab.com or http://www.tac.tv/index.php, they did not become working and profitable websites over night!

My two cents!
i wonder how jibjab marketed their website. Their url is not even keyword specific. I try to improve traffic with SEO optmized articles, social bookmarking, etc and it does not seem to work for me.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Takes a few weeks to a few months for url to propagate through search engines.

Google has some fairly good webmaster tools you could use to better traffic to your content.

http://www.google.com/webmasters/
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

jibjab have viral content - also, they've been going since 1998, and had a major hit in 2004. At this point I imagine their SEO really makes no difference... but they pay for ads it seems.

Found this:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/showcase/i ... &loc=en_us